Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Yes, people have the right to pick & choose games. Of course they do.
BUT....they should not get any advantage over others who opt in for every game!

- I have no issue with anyone being nervous of crowds due to fear of covid!
What I said was I don’t want to see some fanny who can’t make the West Brom game suddenly deciding they’re immune for the derby.

I disagree.

If I went last week, I think somebody else should go before me the week after.

But then I firmly believe it should be everybody or nobody.

Taken from email to ST holders :

Over the coming weeks – and as there is greater clarity relating to the return of fans to stadiums - the Club will be sharing further information with you to explain the ballot process for ticket allocation for fixtures. This ballot process will provide fair and equitable access to the limited tickets available for each fixture and will be structured to ensure a fair distribution of tickets across all league fixtures at which fan attendance will be possible. This process will also ensure family and friend groups will not be split up when allocated tickets for fixtures.

The plan being developed by the Club is based on consultation with various fan groups. Season Ticket Members will be required to opt-in to each ballot for each available fixture. This will ensure each match ballot will made up only of Season Ticket Members able and willing to attend that specific fixture.

Each ballot will only be open to 2020/21 Season Ticket Members and there will be no match-by-match ticket sales for fixtures whilst there is a reduced capacity at Goodison Park.

In preparation for this process - and to help ensure Season Ticket Members can attend matches with their friends and family - the Club is asking all fans to review and update, if necessary, their personal details and contact information. It is vital that you have a valid address registered with the Club to enter the ballot and receive tickets.

It is also important this information is up to date, as it will enable the Club to fulfil the requirements of the Government’s Track and Trace system when fans are permitted into stadiums once again.

UNQUOTE

Personally, I’d go back to a full stadium today, but I accept that’s not going to happen.
Glad to see some thought going into it.

Glad to see it’s going to be a Ballot. That’s a fair way to do it.
Glad they’re implementing an OPT IN for every game. That should prevent tickets going to people who want to isolate.

Says they’re consulting fans groups for input. What would your input be?

My main concerns would be :

- Clamp down on touting. Hopefully the Govt Track & Trace will ensure any transfer of tickets is illegal. Hopefully the clubs will be forced to check ID. Remove STs from anyone selling on.

- The ballot needs to be independent for each game. I will opt in for every game. Don’t want some fanny who’s afraid of covid for the West Brom game, but suddenly OK for the derby to get preference.

What else?
Once you have been drawn out for a ticket you cannot be considered again until all other season ticket holders have had the option to go to future games

Auto populate a spreadsheet with 20,000 opt in

Draw a big line under every 5,000th person, and you have four lists.

That way if you’re in the first 5,000 you’d get games 1,5,9,13,18.

For example.

I also don’t agree that fans could opt in for “big” games only. It’s a privilege during a pandemic to even be allowed to go to a game. If someone turned their nose up at Burnley at home, then they clearly aren’t bothered about watching Everton.

I think we’re in agreement. Your 1st scenario doesn’t work though, unless all 20’000 opt in for every game.

There’s only one way to do it fairly & that is equal chance on every ballot.
If you only opt in for 3 games, good luck.
If you opt in for every game & get 10 games, fair play to you.

I think we’re in agreement. Your 1st scenario doesn’t work though, unless all 20’000 opt in for every game.

There’s only one way to do it fairly & that is equal chance on every ballot.
If you only opt in for 3 games, good luck.
If you opt in for every game & get 10 games, fair play to you.

But what if you opt-in every game and get none? I mean some people will be that unlucky and the person in the seat next to you gets 19 games?

Screenshot_20200916-120843_Twitter.jpg

I don’t think any fans will be going to the game any tie soon,Everton are paying the first lot of rebates in November,so doubt many will be picked to go before then. I’ll take my chances with whatever the club decides, in the meantime I haven’t seen sight or light of my season ticket which I paid for in April!!

Well I hope the club don’t do it that way.

Cherry pickers should have no more chance of getting big games than someone who opts in for all games.
if there is 20,000 fans and 5,000 can attend each game, draw 5000 have a reserve of 1000 for people dropping out of the 5000, next game there is 15000 and so on until the fourth game the last 5000 know they are going then start again.

There's probably zero chance of stuff being touted either, they've mentioned track and trace in their email. I bet you'd need ID of some kind on top of your ticket/phone number/etc to get inside

They won't want to be responsible for something going wrong. They'll take every precaution possible.

1st time posting...
The back and forth i've been having with the efc fans forum on twitter, if i understand them correctly, every STH has to attend a game before u go back in the ballot for a 2nd time

if there is 20,000 fans and 5,000 can attend each game, draw 5000 have a reserve of 1000 for people dropping out of the 5000, next game there is 15000 and so on until the fourth game the last 5000 know they are going then start again.

By your method, the 5’000 attending the derby will be cherry pickers who’ve only opted in for that game or just “big 6”.

Is that what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.