Remembering...Peter Beardsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dholliday

deconstructed rep
The RS-connection spoilt it a bit, but wasn't it great to have such a cultured footballer playing for us?

Wished we'd had him longer.

Off the top of my head I'd say he was the last proper footballer England produced genuine ability with a razor sharp footballing brain and temperament to hold it all together.

In any era in any country he'd be a player.

A great player but an incredibly ugly human! Heard a rumour he lives under a bridge now!

Fantastic player. I remember being so excited when I saw on the news we had signed him. Would love to have someone of that ability pull on the blue shirt again someday.

look at his celbration in the derby, played like a boss italian number 10, we let him go way way too early, as did the rs

The rs got rid of too many players to early then , sounesss didn't have a clue , but that's for a different discussion.....

He was one of the best players I have seen at Everton. I'm surprised the RS sold him to us. Wasn't it because they thought he wouldn't get a game as they had just bought Dean Saunders, who turned out be pretty crap? lol

But then we made a similar mistake in letting him go back to Newcastle. :rant:

Surprised the RS sold him to us. Wasn't it because they thought he wouldn't get a game as they had just bought Dean Saunders, who turned out be pretty crap? lol

As said before, we then made the same mistake in letting him go back to Newcastle. :rant:

Souness didn't have a clue and wanted to kick out the old guard to anyone that wanted them.

Pretty similar to what moyes is potentially doing to the experienced united players

Status
Not open for further replies.