Remaining games for the run: 4th/5th/6th or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Arsenal:

Bolton - h
City - a
Spurs - a
Fulham - h
Chelsea - h
Portsmouth - a

The melting pot has been thrown into confusion with the sacking of Coleman. If Fulham are stuck in a dog fight and are insprired, you never know. Arsenal on form are capable of winning the lot, they are by no means on form. If they draw on Saturday they only have two home games to go, one against Chelsea who could be chasing down the title, they could believe they are home and dry.

Everton:

Charlton - h
West Ham - a
United - h
Portsmouth - h
Chelsea - a

Enough said it won't be easy, FEEL THE FORCE

Bolton:

Arsenal - a
Reading - h
Chelsea - a
West Ham - a
Villa - h

On paper their run isn't that much easier than ours, pity about Monday those three points against this team of thugs could have been priceless

Spurs:

Wigan - a
Arsenal - h
Boro - a
Charlton - a
Blackburn - h
City - a

Easiest of all the run ins, except they have a wad of away games left and are still involved in Europe.

This run in is likely to go to the wire lads, prayer mats out and hope the wind sets fair, we can still do it but it will mean one might effort. I haven't bothered speculating how many points each team will get, its impossible to call.

Well, what do you think?

I think on paper Arsenal and Bolton have the harder run ins and Spurs with the 'easiest'. However Spurs have got to play so many games- especially if they progress in the UEFA cup.

All support Spurs tonight guys- the further they get the more games they play they worse in the league they become?!? I think so!

Oh in answer to your question- if we keep picking up points and the fact that it looks like we will have cahill back and Manny to come in things are looking up and 5th place for us I think!

We just need to concentrate on winning as many games as we can. It's inevitable that the other three sides will drop points here and there, all we can do is try and get as many points as possible to capitalise on any drops in form for the other sides.

back to back wins before the united game is what we really need. we could easily be in 5th if we do that.

i think the amount of points we have dropped this season might cost for 4th place. i think arsenal are going to pick up the form now.

however.... there is no reason why we can't sneak 4th. what a pity we play cfc and united though!!! a point of those 2 games would be a bonus.

uefa would be superb though.

coyb!

back to back wins before the united game is what we really need. we could easily be in 5th if we do that.

i think the amount of points we have dropped this season might cost for 4th place. i think arsenal are going to pick up the form now.

however.... there is no reason why we can't sneak 4th. what a pity we play cfc and united though!!! a point of those 2 games would be a bonus.

uefa would be superb though.

coyb!

Absolutely spot on summary Teppic, fingers crossed, I haven't given up on 4th yet.;)

I would say we have a great chance of snagging 5th, with an outside chance of sneaking 4th. I would love to get that 4th spot, though. Make the group stages and get some cash! It would do us a great deal of good on making us more attractive to the better players, you know, with qualifying for the CL 2 out of 3 seasons.

we are in sixth, and spurs are looking strong, its nice to aspire to greater things but if we get fourth, our european score index would mean we wouldnt be seeded so would end up with a qualifier against a strong european side.

rome wasnt built in a day, CL would be nice, but could eventually mean uefa anyway.

im thinking 5th or 6th but if u look at spurs' run in, we cantafford any slip ups, then again maybe ,escotts faux pas is gonna cost us big.

I'll say 6th mainly because of the 5 games we have left, four of the teams with the exception of Portsmouth have something to play for, either staying up or winning the league.

I think that's going to make the job a bit harder than if we were playing a bunch of middle of the pack teams whose seasons are essentially over.

I reckon we can get 6th quite easily...although...i wouldnt say its impossible to get 4th, if bolton and arsneal draw in the match 2moro it keeps both of them close, we can win against charlton, portsmouth and westham, possibly man utd (weve already beat liverpool (h), arsenal (h) and deserved to beat Chelsea (h), and probably a loss against chelsea..we can do it...

On Toffeeweb I predicted the following results, enough for 61 points and possibly 5th place:

H Charlton (PREM.) win 3pt
A West Ham (PREM.) win 3pt
H Man Utd (PREM.) draw 1pt
H Portsmouth (PREM.) win 3pt
A Chelsea (PREM.) lose 0pt

just done the bbc predictor thingy...i predicted that...

1) chelsea
2) Man Utd
3) Liverpool
4) Arsenal
5) Tottenham
6) EVERTON
7) Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.