Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the highlights again make you realise just how bad this side is.

Yeah on top until the sending off, but the decision making, awful defending and garbage finishing have been apparent all season and were all on show today in all of their glory.

still don't think we're going down. Burnley & Leeds showing even less form than us.

a depressing season, tho' (again).
I think Burnley have a win in them, probably the home game. Leeds need the away win. Everton will win Thursday at home.

A complete garbage season. Clueless owner and useless Board has caught with us, and, going down may not be the worst thing long term for the football club. We need change from top to bottom that, unfortunately, only a relegation may bring.

I think that's a very long time in football with one of the worst defences in the league, especially when one of them is just a rookie with no experience in high pressure games. Would we have held out for 84 mins? Hindsight who knows, I wouldn't have invited that pressure on us, we'd have cracked earlier I think.
We cracked because we had a man less than them. If we'd played with more caution after the goal we scored to go one up then we have 11 on the pitch.

I think Burnley have a win in them, probably the home game. Leeds need the away win. Everton will win Thursday at home.

A complete garbage season. Clueless owner and useless Board has caught with us, and, going down may not be the worst thing long term for the football club. We need change from top to bottom that, unfortunately, only a relegation may bring.
I think it's pretty much all on that.

That said, if Burnley ned a win final day they aren't favourites to get that IMO. Newcastle can at last draw there.

IMO we dont get another point never mind a win. But if it's a case that the two below us have to win final game I dont think we'll need another point.

Leeds and Burnley are very poor.

Just watching the highlights again make you realise just how bad this side is.

Yeah on top until the sending off, but the decision making, awful defending and garbage finishing have been apparent all season and were all on show today in all of their glory.
Playing 3 quarters of the game with 10 men really didn't help, one recognised centre half also ,I know were you coming from but we did have a makeshift defence, didn't think ever say this hope keane is OK Thursday.

We CANNOT let it get to Sunday. There is no way we are taking three points from Arsenal at The Emirates on the last day. Leeds are capable of beating Brentford, we have GOT to beat Palace.

They are. But they very likely wont.

A point against Palace is about all we can hope for with the injuries. But if we get it it could place a lot of pressure on Burnley too.

3 points lead on Burnley and a 2 point lead on Leeds is nothing to be sniffed at with one game to go.

It's huge to be out of the relegation spots in the final week.

Conversely, if the ref did his job we have a pen and the resulting long ball and red card doesn't happen. Like I say all hindsight mate.
I dont think we played that game intelligently today. Against United and Chelsea we played with intensity and intelligence. Today we let the clamour to get this nightmare over with get the better of us and it cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.