Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Until such a point we were only level again.

We had the points, why gamble with them?

I think that's a very long time in football with one of the worst defences in the league, especially when one of them is just a rookie with no experience in high pressure games. Would we have held out for 84 mins? Hindsight who knows, I wouldn't have invited that pressure on us, we'd have cracked earlier I think.

After tonight’s revelations I’m not sure how much effort Brentford will put in to the last game against Leeds if it means it relegates us. They’re absolutely fuming tonight.
They’re professionals and I’m sure they wouldn’t throw a game, especially against a Leeds team they apparently have issues with. Really awful to hear of what happened. Hope whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

Might be handy if Newcastle beat Arsenal. (If we need a point there). Arsenal will still need to beat us regardless but if news filters through that Spurs are hammering Norwich then their ground will be flat as a pancake.

Yes, but why take the chance when you dont have to?

We did take that chance and got caught on a counter attack and the match turned on it.

Not sure what the story with Allan is...but at Half time, it seemed like Allan coming on for Gomes to help us defensively was a no brainer....shut up shop and hope we can frustrate them...even if we do concede, try not to lose the game

Not sure what the story with Allan is...but at Half time, it seemed like Allan coming on for Gomes to help us defensively was a no brainer....shut up shop and hope we can frustrate them...even if we do concede, try not to lose the game

I thought Allan was horrendous for his late cameo the other night, looked well off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.