Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Largely being hopeful mate more than anything. I did say its hypothetical post in nature as I agree they'll have suitors. Even if we managed to keep a few of them we'd be sound. I look at teams that have went down in the past and they manage to hang on to some decent players and make it back up so hopefully we can do the same.
I'd expect we can hold onto quite a few. I'd sell off the high earners where we can, but we have a fair few who have a couple of years (or more) on their contracts, who are on lower scale wages (relatively). Mina, Gomes, Pickford and Richy are all on high wages, and we could get decent fees for 3 of the 4 of them. VDB, Delph, Iceland, are all high earners that will be gone/going. I think we could keep a fair few if needed, with the wages bill savings and a few big names sold on. Its still a massive mess like.

When the Minas and Gomes etc all go we'll be saving over a million a week in wages.
I get that, but we have to find buyers for them, the sale (if it happens) needs to represent their book value. There’s a lot of moving parts to ensure our finances don’t end up being in worse position. If Gomes book value is £10m, we sell for £5m we’re reporting yet another loss

We spend £180m on wages, 94% of our income - people are going to be shocked at the cost cutting that will happen

Weiman a natural finisher? Gordon, Gray, Iwobi would get 10 goals by turning up

Doesn't even taking into account loans or buys

Iwobi 10 goals? Really? He has 5 league goals in 3 seasons.

Our lack of goals this season has been abysmal. We lack quality and can't create or score.

Personally I think someone will offer good money for Gordon if we go down and we could well sell him too. Anything over 20m and he will be gone.

Burnley have been a little fortunate (maybe that’s not the right word) in that they have got the first goal in the last few games. I watched the Wolves game today and it was pretty drab encounter but Wolves could easily have gone ahead and it’s a different game.

Burnley will definitely lose games in the run in - it’s how many that’ll be the key. You’d hope Spurs away is a banker for Spurs - the two games against Villa will be the big ones.
Never ,ever bank on Spurs for anything…

I get that, but we have to find buyers for them, the sale (if it happens) needs to represent their book value. There’s a lot of moving parts to ensure our finances don’t end up being in worse position. If Gomes book value is £10m, we sell for £5m we’re reporting yet another loss

We spend £180m on wages, 94% of our income - people are going to be shocked at the cost cutting that will happen

Book values probably not that important anymore since most are nearing ends of contracts, and the wage savings over 1 or 2 years will be as much, if not more than the fees. We will just have to take whatever is offered. We aren't getting value for our players if we go down, that's a given.

Mitrovic is a star player in the Championship, and garbage in the Prem. Anyone recon Rondon could repeat that and get us to bounce right back?

Didn't we mark their values down due to covid in the last set of reports? Add to the remaining contracts (Mina 1 year, Gomes 2) it's not out of the relams

Iwobi 10 goals? Really? He has 5 league goals in 3 seasons.

Our lack of goals this season has been abysmal. We lack quality and can't create or score.

Personally I think someone will offer good money for Gordon if we go down and we could well sell him too. Anything over 20m and he will be gone.
Gordon is one of the last players I’d sell in the Championship, I think he’d thrive there.

Status
Not open for further replies.