Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to take it on the chin and move on lads. If we go down then we go down. Life will move on and the vast majority of us will continue to support the club. No one's going to die. I know it's difficult to not be meldomatic (as I'm quite prone to being that why myself after bad results at the best of times!) but we have to start putting things in perspective.

Premier League or Championship or League One or even lower, I support Everton Football Club and despite what some fools are saying, the club isn't dead. I reckon the majority of people feel the same and will continue to support us even if we're sitting thorough the lowest ebb in the clubs entire history. Those who can't take the stick and want to turn in their keys can do one. They where never true fans anyway & we're better off without them.
I understand everything you say. I could understand people feeling that they cannot support any longer though, especially if it means the alternative of half-hearted and non-engaged support. For a club of our pedigree and tradition, supporters have not got a lot back over 30 years and have taken a shed load of disappointment and despair.

Clubs have to work at keeping support. I get for football it's seen as a life commitment but amongst younger people in particular many just don't see it in those terms anymore. The club won't lose my support if relegation happens but already I find that with many other worries and concerns, I have to put Everton in it's proper (lower) place in my order of priorities.

Sadly, when you see the first hour against Leicester and the near to walking tempo, you then think that's entirely justified. We deserve a club and team that we can believe in.

Remember when pundits used to say (2020) the Goodison crowd was to blame for poor results. We put the players under too much pressure.

Then covid came along and our Goodison form was even worse with no crowd. Shut the pundits up.
Now we have transferred that form to away games this season.

The reality all along for the past two years is that our players are just not good enough.
We are a poor team and have had too many managers with different ideas, all of whom have failed to fix the defence from the Jags departure and build from the back.
Imagine trying that as an idea. Any manager going to a struggling club tries to sort out the defence. Not Everton. Keep going with Keane and Holgate for 5 years and wonder why we keep losing.
Of course, there is a lot more to it. I know that. But you start at the back.
Yep, this lot can’t play at home and can’t play away.

Our league position isn’t that alarming considering this.

Does anyone honestly think we would come back inside 3 years?

We are more likely to go down to league 1 than come up to the premier league again under this ownership. Our wage budget is about 4 times too high for the championship and we will struggle badly to move these players on. Let's be honest, who on earth would want them at their current wage value.

There'll be a fire sale. Richy, Gomes, Allan, Mina, Dom, Alli, should be out for undervalued prices which would leave us with an average premier league wage bill especially for a team just been relegated.

Work loans and some championship quality, we'd be at least hitting the playoffs.

I think most would want to leave just on the basis of not wanting to be in the championship. Ironically being their fault we're there.

There’s lots of doom, gloom and resignation on this thread. Yes, it could and probably will end with a whimper and relegation confirmed before the final day of the season.

But, no one seems to be talking about this - we could totally implode, lose any last vestige of confidence and start getting smashed 5-0 in all the remaining games, leaving Goodson a desolate shell of a ground and relegation confirmed very soon.

There'll be a fire sale. Richy, Gomes, Allan, Mina, Dom, Alli, should be out for undervalued prices which would leave us with an average premier league wage bill especially for a team just been relegated.

Work loans and some championship quality, we'd be at least hitting the playoffs.

I think most would want to leave just on the basis of not wanting to be in the championship. Ironically being their fault we're there.

Unfortunately we would have no option but to sell, but they absolutely would not deserve their moves. It will make me pretty angry to see any of these players making the most of our situation. If anything, they should all be requesting pay cuts to get us back up immediately due to their embarassment.

But back in the real world, I think we are in enormous trouble. The few good players would go for well under what we would have expected to generate in fees. And the rubbish players will try to sit on their wages as long as possible and won't care about how it effects the club.

All of a sudden Burnley are gonna win every game, the rest of the team's they are playing don't care or are playing for nothing and are on their summer holiday already. That is just madness. All teams are playing for something and thinking Villa will lose both games on purpose because SG in in charge ?... Burnley have only won 5 games all season and are still below us and played one game extra. Our game in hand is actually against Palace. Time we play again as I said before they could still be behind us but played 2 games more.

The panic and sheer bed wetting is understandable but it's not over yet and it's still in our hands

COYB!!
that's it mate you're absolutely correct, no point speculating 21 points to play for, f they can't deliver they will deserve to go down.

There’s lots of doom, gloom and resignation on this thread. Yes, it could and probably will end with a whimper and relegation confirmed before the final day of the season.

But, no one seems to be talking about this - we could totally implode, lose any last vestige of confidence and start getting smashed 5-0 in all the remaining games, leaving Goodson a desolate shell of a ground and relegation confirmed very soon.
my God, you need a drink mate!

Unfortunately we would have no option but to sell, but they absolutely would not deserve their moves. It will make me pretty angry to see any of these players making the most of our situation. If anything, they should all be requesting pay cuts to get us back up immediately due to their embarassment.

But back in the real world, I think we are in enormous trouble. The few good players would go for well under what we would have expected to generate in fees. And the rubbish players will try to sit on their wages as long as possible and won't care about how it effects the club.
This is what will happen.

The players that say are not the ones to Get us back up. The money from the ones that go will be used for squad strengthening.

We could quite easily suffer a second relegation.

Suddenly it all seems a bit grim again..

I do genuinely believe that Burnley will earn more points than us in this run-in now. I'm hoping that Leeds being to fall like a stone but even they are still 4 points above us.

What a horrendous season this has been either way.

Not much point in the premier league. The top is a closed shop. It’s only ever going to be Man City with the odd sprinkling of one of the other super rich clubs winning it. The rest are just there to make up the numbers.

Quite right.

Villa went down quite recently and came back stronger straight away.
No world beaters, but in a much better position than we are: in the league, FFP, current players and prospects coming through.

Not to mention they have done the double on us. Nuff said.
Going down would be horrendous, more so with the RS's current form, but it will not lead to the guaranteed collapse to the club like some will suggest.

Yes our finances are in disarray and there's a lot wrong with the club, however I do feel we'd come back up the next year - I truly do.

Ultimately, I'd much rather we stay up this year, which is still doable.

That’s not always the case though. It depends how many clubs are in for each player which pushes up the fee. We would probably lose 70% of the squad if we go down. This would bring in around £150-£200 million, maybe slightly more.

Championship wise the squad will more than likely be made up of academy players and players we have put out on loan.

And they came back stronger for it. It didn't kill their club or drive away half the fanbase or anything else. It was just a painful couple of seasons for them as it likely will be for us but its not the end of the world.
They didn’t have a horrendous debt though. If we go down the club will non exist in a few years.
We will have to sell 90% of the team and have no money and possibly start with minus points

Going down would be horrendous, more so with the RS's current form, but it will not lead to the guaranteed collapse to the club like some will suggest.

Yes our finances are in disarray and there's a lot wrong with the club, however I do feel we'd come back up the next year - I truly do.

Ultimately, I'd much rather we stay up this year, which is still doable.

Not me. More likely to get relegated again. Club is rotten to the core.

We just have to prep ourselves mentally at this point. It’s going to be toxic if we are relegated at our last home game. I don’t think fans will be kind enough to applaud the lap of honour. Kids will be crying and some fans will be understandably hostile. That is the moment these spineless players will finally realise what they have done to this club.
It's not just the players, the biggest culprit in all of this is Moshiri, hiring Benitez was the single most disastrous decision in my time supporting the club and that's 50 years, not only was he not fit to manage and should never have been considered it destroyed the real fabric of the club, the supporters. This error was compounded leaving him in place for so long. The owner has got it so very wrong that it's almost as if it were intended. The club is a laughing stock and everyone other than us is laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.