Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to stop reading the comments here during games I'm not able to watch. Invariably it seems we are playing a lot worse than we are. I know MotD2 isn't much of a guide but, when neutrals give their view it never seems as bad as knee-jerk comments by passionate fans on GOT
Its not lack of passion or effort rather just plain incompetence

Keep it as tight as possible, so that means deep lines at the back and not setting up as Lampard has at Newcastle and Spurs ffs...

Tell whoever we have right back and left back to not go much further than the half way line. Waste of space offensively/unable to beat a man and cross a ball so may as well just defend.

Have both Allan and Doucoure in midfield. Doucoure isn't a defensive midfielder, just tell him to press all over and van de Beek feels a bit Gomes to me, if allowed time/we have most of the ball, he will look good when the going is good. Not sure we should be relying on him, every game except Leeds we've been dominated in the middle.

We can't work it in the middle because we don't have a decent centre midfielder who can pass the ball forward. Tell Gray, Townsend, Gordon it's all about by-line, and cross.

Alli as second striker behind Calvert-Lewin.

The above gives us a chance IMO.

Playing a completely different team, and setup every game - and thinking we can go toe to toe at Spurs etc is going to relegate us,

We must win on Thursday but after yesterday’s performance I just honestly can’t see it, I didn’t understand the set up or tactics yesterday. Digne is a big miss and our Ukrainian looked like a rabbit in the headlights Seamus was left standing, Why in gods name did we pair Doucs and DVDB surely Allan pairs with doucs
No service to the front runners Gordon made a few forward runs screaming for a pass only to be ignored as we passed the ball from midfield area back to Pickford
Pickford gets the ball and runs to make a fast pass out but or players just amble out.
I do trust Frank and his team to sort things out and want them to stay
Newcastle were described by Tuchell as an aggressive and disciplined side so it will be a tough game
I would like to see
Pickford Godfrey branthwaite holgate Coleman doucs Allan Ali Gray richi dcl

Keep it as tight as possible, so that means deep lines at the back and not setting up as Lampard has at Newcastle and Spurs ffs...

Tell whoever we have right back and left back to not go much further than the half way line. Waste of space offensively/unable to beat a man and cross a ball so may as well just defend.

Have both Allan and Doucoure in midfield. Doucoure isn't a defensive midfielder, just tell him to press all over and van de Beek feels a bit Gomes to me, if allowed time/we have most of the ball, he will look good when the going is good. Not sure we should be relying on him, every game except Leeds we've been dominated in the middle.

We can't work it in the middle because we don't have a decent centre midfielder who can pass the ball forward. Tell Gray, Townsend, Gordon it's all about by-line, and cross.

Playing a completely different team, and setup every game - and thinking we can go toe to toe at Spurs etc is going to relegate us,
We tried that all season under the other one, we got rolled every game. We were having 30% possession and allowing teams to dominate the midfield.

I don't think it's as simple as that tbh.

Yesterday we failed to win second balls, failed to show urgency, and lost a soft goal to a free header because our centre halves are poor in the air.

All of that can still happen regardless of the system. I actually think we over-complicate what we need to do. We need to get the basics right and that means working harder than your oppenent, and beating them to the loose ball. Everything else flows from that. The only game I'd say we absolutely got it tactically wrong was Spurs.

I'm not against playing that system to be fair. I just don't know if it would work. Away from home it makes some sense, but at home I'm not convinced. Parking the bus at home is absolutely not going to get us the points we need.

We are entering into a very dangerous period indeed now for Everton. There will be proper squeaky bums in the dysfunctional board and amateur owner and his brand new state of the art stadium as the reality of a genuine threat of relegation for the first time in their PL history starts to dawn on them. They have a history of being very reactive and making even poorer decisions than normal when in full blown panic mode. Expect the unexpected.

Very dark days for us these and could get darker.

Apart from that, morning everyone.
A new manager perhaps? lol

• Haha
Reactions: Lob
This would be my breaking point!

Gotta get to this game as safe as we can be, I fear we wont be though
This is a nightmare season. Sadly I see no fight from this shower. Never been so depressed as an Evertonian. Absolutely rubbish. Just read an article on the Echo Net about how my hero Peter Farrell was so gutted when we went down. However he led us back up. Google it!

He must be turning in his grave at these gutless overpaid clowns.

He never had Allan and Doucoure fit, or Calvert-Lewin.

Or Alli.
Docoure and Allan have both showed they are unable to hold the midfield. They’ve played this season under Benitez, they got over run and rolled and because the pair of them don’t have the discipline to hold.

The team is unbalanced and what we needed in January was not sorted because egotistical maniac wanted 2 fullbacks and another winger who haven’t played.

He never had Allan and Doucoure fit, or Calvert-Lewin.

Or Alli.
These 2 have yet to show anything that would make any difference

If DCL goes on a run and bags a few every game for the rest of teh season all well and good but he isnt showing he is up for it!

Alli, no words really, had the world at his feet and has let it slip. Not good enough for us and not what we needed. but here we are so we can only hope they both wanna prove something!

Docoure and Allan have both showed they are unable to hold the midfield. They’ve played this season under Benitez, they got over run and rolled and because the pair of them don’t have the discipline to hold.

The team is unbalanced and what we needed in January was not sorted because egotistical maniac wanted 2 fullbacks and another winger who haven’t played.

How many times did both play for Benitez?

What's the alternative?

If / when we go down the whole structure will need readdressing.
It’s not the end of the club as some of you are predicting, just as it wasn’t for Villa, Newcastle or West Ham.

As I wrote yesterday, what is the actual point in being in the PL if it brings this much misery anyway?

We were bought by an owner who had ambition, but sadly didn’t have a clue.

The early premier league years weren’t that great either, it’s just the 4th and 5th place finishes under Moyes which at least gave us a bit of respectability back, but those days are a distant memory now.

Those of you suggesting it will finish the club off and predicting where we will finish in the championship, have a day off lads and lasses, this isn’t good for your well-being.
Mate, I appreciate your sentiments but I have invested years of my life and a lot of money in supporting this Club. I really am fed up with the pathetic attitude of this squad.

These 2 have yet to show anything that would make any difference

If DCL goes on a run and bags a few every game for the rest of teh season all well and good but he isnt showing he is up for it!

Alli, no words really, had the world at his feet and has let it slip. Not good enough for us and not what we needed. but here we are so we can only hope they both wanna prove something!

Well, Calvert-Lewin has managed 9 appearances this season. If he'd managed 20+ would we be in as perilous as a position as we are now? I doubt it.

Alli - how many Premier League minutes has he had for us? He's a second striker isn't he?

We've been in the top flight since the 50s.

Bit of a difference compared to Bolton fans
And ??

Does that make us more important ? and our fans care more ?? No it does not.

Its football, and the league system is what it is, we dont have a devine right to be at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.