Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking as I drove home this afternoon, (I think a lot, probably too much, but I think it's just my brain's way of putting itself at peace if the now not so unimaginable happens), that from a footballing standpoint I'd miss very little of the Premier League circus if we were to go down. No more matches against the Sky Special Six and a league where matches are arranged and rearranged to fit in with their requirements, where decisions (despite VAR) continue to be skewed in favour of some clubs and there's absolutely nothing we can do to change it. and the rest of us are left to scratch about for enough points to accomplish mid-table respectability (mediocrity) or maybe even sneak a place in one of the lesser European competitions thrown down to us from the top table. No more listening to Souness, MaccaMaccaMaccmananman, Spitty, Keane and Neville chatting sh** about us on a weekly basis., but the rather wonderful Michelle Owen and co instead.

There's also the belief that this useless bunch of owners/board/management/players deserve some pain for the absolute mess they've all contributed to get us into and relegation would do that.

Here's the rub, we as fans will also feel the pain. Then there's the fear that they've now got us into a financial situation that's beyond the depth of our footballing inadequacy and that going down doesn't simply mean playing in the Championship, it means financial ramifications on a Derby scale and a very handy example for the authorities to use to warn others in future. Mmm, maybe there's still some work to do to convince myself really

Oh Everton, how did we get here.

Last edited:
Exactly. It's on the board to find that appointment or give it to Big Sam as he'd grind out the results needed. We're in a dodgy position but a half decent manager could sort us as long as we don't let this drag on
I know he's a bit of an anathema, but I would just give it to Sam. At least we would be safe and have plenty of fodder for forum banter until the end of the season.

Pork pie jokes, pint of wine GIFs, brown envelope gags - the possibilities are limited only by our imagination!

Sick of the "give it to Dunc shouts", hasnt earned the right by not plying his trade. If people think passion will be a good enough reason then today should be a wakeup call. Funny how he is the common denominator during this shambles over the past few years isnt it, and yet people are obssessed appointing him. Get rid and bring in a complete new fresh set of blood and ideas all through the coaching teams.

Horrid, rotton run club and this new breed of "supporters" are fast making me hate my club.

I know he's a bit of an anathema, but I would just give it to Sam. At least we would be safe and have plenty of fodder for forum banter until the end of the season.

Pork pie jokes, pint of wine GIFs, brown envelope gags - the possibilities are limited only by our imagination!
Personally I'd give it to him tomorrow. He'd keep us up and prob have us mid table in 5 or 6 games. It's absolutely imperative we stay in this league or everything good on the horizon could go tits up. I'd happily take another stint with Sam to protect that. If we're looking at the likes of Lampard and Rooney then reassess in the summer. I'd be less confident in them keeping us up. An alternative I've seen mentioned is Favre, he could work also maybe.

Out of curiosity if the club announced Dunc until the end of the season, he leads us to an FA Cup final against the RS in which we win 1-0 in the 93rd minute... but we get relegated.

Would anyone take that if offered IF we came straight back up the following season?
Relegation is bad mate, it's potentially messes up anything good we have on the horizon. The stadium could go out the window for example. How many players on high wages don't have relegation clauses also and how many of our better players get picked off for less than they're worth while we're left with high earners like Iwobi but only with championship income. We'd be screwed. Think about it

About six weeks ago I scoffed when someone on here mentioned relegation...But now I am fully on board. The reason, we can't score and can't even pass a football, a basic requisite of what you should have as a professional footballer, to be able to pass a ball to you team mate. Pass and move, we pass backwards and hide. Makes you wonder what we actually do in training, other teams, what you might cheekily call smaller teams, even they pass and move, your Brightons, Southamptons, even Norwich can play attractive, interesting football, even though they don't often win, what's happened to us.
The confidence has gone
The club demands nothing
The mentalities are weak
Lack of leaders

Relegation is bad mate, it's potentially messes up anything good we have on the horizon. The stadium could go out the window for example. How many players on high wages don't have relegation clauses also and how many of our better players get picked off for less than they're worth while we're left with high earners like Iwobi but only with championship income. We'd be screwed. Think about it

If Relegation happened we'll still be here next season mate.

Always remember that.

We can
If Relegation happened we'll still be here next season mate.

Always remember that.
We cannot go down. F the FA cup. We HAVE to remain in the premier League. It's crazy to suggest anything otherwise

That rat Kia being at the match turns my stomach just know some bollocks is coming over the next week

Status
Not open for further replies.