Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's too harsh. The only supporter with any sway is Kenwright.
Or do you think he would've gotten the sack significantly earlier if people with a dissenting opinion were silenced/changed their minds?
I do think he could have gotten the boot earlier if some "fans" took their heads out of his arse and woke up to the mess he has dumped us in.

Anyone who didn't speak out against the appointment immediately didn't have the best interests of the club at heart imo.

It was immediately obvious what would happen and they tried to shout down the dissent against the manager and look where that has gotten us.

If more people had hung bedsheets up outside of Goodison we could have avoided this entire disaster and brought in an actually decent manager instead.

Out of curiosity if the club announced Dunc until the end of the season, he leads us to an FA Cup final against the RS in which we win 1-0 in the 93rd minute... but we get relegated.

Would anyone take that if offered IF we came straight back up the following season?

How does this season compare to those last day escapes in the 90s?

What was the general feeling back then , was it as doom and gloom?
Back then you just felt that the players themselves had just enough character to carry us over the line, today it's really hard to see, so many chances went begging, and you can quote as many footballing antidotes as you like, lady luck was shining on us, etc, etc, if you can't get the ball in the onion sack...
Gareth Farrelly scored his one and only league goal on the last day of the season against Coventry, before him I think Michael Madar scored pretty regularly. The difference with this team is that you just wonder where the next goal is coming from, anyway I'm off to make a large donation to every church within a mile of my house and lite a few candles, and shower every black cat I see with yummy treats, oh and have a little word with the big guy upstairs.?

….we look like a perfect storm;

- divisive, unpopular and corrosive manager appointed. Disruptive on-field, disruptive off-field. Fans unrest at manager.
- slide down table
- manager sacked,
- slide continues.
- fans unrest and protest at Chairman and owner.
- slide continues.
I think the situation with siggurdson has had an effect on morale at the club and especially the players
I can't imagine how demoralising losing a colleague under such circumstances could be

I think hes an ordinary manager, who didnt get the best out of an excellent Chelsea team. I think he would at a club as dysfunctional as ours.
I think he did well in the first season, bought too many players in the second, some weren’t ready and the team didn’t gel. Personally I think he would be a good choice.

Someone at the club who has a clue needs to find a good centre midfielder. Tell Moshiri to buy him. I feel Brands should of went but Benitez should have gone before him. Having no DOF or Manger during the transfer window is bad.

Back then you just felt that the players themselves had just enough character to carry us over the line, today it's really hard to see, so many chances went begging, and you can quote as many footballing antidotes as you like, lady luck was shining on us, etc, etc, if you can't get the ball in the onion sack...
Gareth Farrelly scored his one and only league goal on the last day of the season against Coventry, before him I think Michael Madar scored pretty regularly. The difference with this team is that you just wonder where the next goal is coming from, anyway I'm off to make a large donation to every church within a mile of my house and lite a few candles, and shower every black cat I see with yummy treats, oh and have a little word with the big guy upstairs.?
This squad stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.