Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time our neighbours from across the park fell through that trap door, and we enjoyed watching them squirm in the old second division whilst we wallowed in first division mediocrity. I think it lasted as long as 7 years? The had to invent "friendly" derby games. Bliss.
It was called the floodlight cup and it wasn't friendly on the pitch, or in the crowd.

It was called the floodlight cup and it wasn't friendly on the pitch, or in the crowd.
There were plenty of Liverpool Senior Cup games as well during those eleven years we were kept apart, one of them St, John made his debut for Liverpool and scored a hat trick but finished on the losing side as we won 4-3, I think Jimmy Fell scored two for us with Bobby Collins getting another. By the way Liverpool were in the second division for eight seasons and only for Billy Liddell might have gone into the third!!

There were plenty of Liverpool Senior Cup games as well during those eleven years we were kept apart, one of them St, John made his debut for Liverpool and scored a hat trick but finished on the losing side as we won 4-3, I think Jimmy Fell scored two for us with Bobby Collins getting another. By the way Liverpool were in the second division for eight seasons and only for Billy Liddell might have gone into the third!!

Imagine they did drop into the 3rd

What could have been....

Everything is now set in concrete with mega billionaire buyouts. Leicester briefly broke the mould but then inevitably dropped back. That is why the prospect of us getting top 4 is remote. 5th to 7th is achievable but very difficult.

Everything is now set in concrete with mega billionaire buyouts. Leicester briefly broke the mould but then inevitably dropped back. That is why the prospect of us getting top 4 is remote. 5th to 7th is achievable but very difficult.
Leicester really upset the status quo, having the audacity to go and win the league, no wonder the BIg Six wanted to get away, we cant be having that. Really when you think about it the change of rules about sponsors, just because of Newcastle having some coin, is a bit like them saying the title race is our race and your not welcome.

Once upon a time our neighbours from across the park fell through that trap door, and we enjoyed watching them squirm in the old second division whilst we wallowed in first division mediocrity. I think it lasted as long as 7 years? The had to invent "friendly" derby games. Bliss.
Ah, yes. I remember it well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-29-20-23-22-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-29-20-23-22-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 86
Clean your sheets and have a bloody good stare out of the window Ged. If you are a novice window peeper please don’t be drawn in by a nearby tree as there is too much going on.
Only a matter of time for me, paper thin squad with only 2/3 quality players, we now have no money to improve and I’d bet my life on DCL and Rico wanting out this summer

Our run up to New Year looks horrendous and could easily see us in the bottom 5, do these players have the mental strength to dig themselves out of danger, I’d say not looking at the characters in the squad, how will they be mentally if the get hidings like yesterday from the likes of Chelsea / City / Liverpool / Spurs etc

Once the rot kicks in does this manager and squad turn it around?

I’m looking at the table and praying there’s two other sides on top of Norwich who will keep failing to win

Status
Not open for further replies.