Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not get out of hand. Look at the table now, we are what…joint 7th and a point off 5th and we have had no real goal threat for weeks.

This league is poor beyond the top 3/4 teams and has been for a few years. There isn’t a massive amount between the teams fighting for 4/5th to 13/14th.

The one thing we didn’t have yesterday was solidity and athleticism that West Ham just showed to beat Spurs. It really makes me wonder how much different we would have been now if Moyes never left and got the influx of the Moshiri money.

I don’t get this at all. The league is far from poor - I’d say the quality is now higher than its ever been, hence why English teams are dominating in Europe. (It’s easy to imagine any of the top 4 winning the European Cup)
The likes of Bolton used to finish in the top 6, that wouldn’t be happening now.

The top 8 (big six plus Leicester and West Ham) are legit good sides, and the tier below that - Villa, Wolves, Leeds are all very capable on their day.

Should have enough to finish lower midtable. I'm not one of these who thinks everton are even close to a top 6 team. I said last year we would finish mid table even before xmas as I feel our squad is very average at best. We are losing ground season by season. West ham, leeds, leicester, Aston villa and now newcastle will be ahead of us. Add the so called top 6 into that and its mid table at best for next decade unless we clear out this bunch of losers and when I mean a clear out I mean 90% of them.

Those who think different are completely delusional. On our bad day (which is becoming alot more common in the last 5 years) we can be as bad as anyone in the premiership.

But should just about have enough to stay up.
Nail on head ;)

I don’t get this at all. The league is far from poor - I’d say the quality is now higher than its ever been, hence why English teams are dominating in Europe. (It’s easy to imagine any of the top 4 winning the European Cup)
The likes of Bolton used to finish in the top 6, that wouldn’t be happening now.

The top 8 (big six plus Leicester and West Ham) are legit good sides, and the tier below that - Villa, Wolves, Leeds are all very capable on their day.
Are they though?

If you are half organised then you will do well in this league if you can also keep your best players fit. Most teams have one or two players who they can’t do without and we are no different

A relegation scrap might make following Everton entertaining again.

We never do anything in the league or FA Cup and do everything we can to get knocked out of the Haribo Cup at the earliest opportunity.

Everton just make up the numbers (and are dreadful to watch) year after year. A good relegation fight might actually galvanise the powers that be in to doing something good for a change.

Don’t think we will be anywhere near relegation with a fully fit team. Worry is if the injuries keep mounting up. We have too many championship quality players stepping in for injured players.

Are they though?

If you are half organised then you will do well in this league if you can also keep your best players fit. Most teams have one or two players who they can’t do without and we are no different

They are yeah. Hence why there is zero chance of the likes of Palace and Southampton finishing in the top 8. Or us.

People’s bias against the manager shining through here. 8th in the league having missed our two most important attacking players for the majority of the games and we’re talking about relegation.

Comical stuff.

You can think the manager is completely out of his depth and think that talk of relegation is total nonsense. They aren't linked.

The manager won't last, everyone knows it deep down. It's delusion to think otherwise, but it's just as silly to think we will be anywhere near relegation.

It looks like Norwich City, and 2 others.

We will probably be stuck mid-table at the end of the season.

Derby victories, and a decent FA cup run are all we can look forward to now.

:(

They are yeah. Hence why there is zero chance of the likes of Palace and Southampton finishing in the top 8. Or us.
I don’t disagree with you mate but with a full strength team, we are a match for anyone in that bracket of teams outside the top 4 I would say if and it’s a big if after tomorrow then if our mentality is right

You can think the manager is completely out of his depth and think that talk of relegation is total nonsense. They aren't linked.

The manager won't last, everyone knows it deep down. It's delusion to think otherwise, but it's just as silly to think we will be anywhere near relegation.

Nowhere in my post did I say everybody who thinks Benitez isn’t the right man for the job thinks we’re going to be relegated.

But if you think we are, it is largely influenced by the identity of the manager, rather than the objective facts of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.