Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not get out of hand. Look at the table now, we are what…joint 7th and a point off 5th and we have had no real goal threat for weeks.

This league is poor beyond the top 3/4 teams and has been for a few years. There isn’t a massive amount between the teams fighting for 4/5th to 13/14th.

The one thing we didn’t have yesterday was solidity and athleticism that West Ham just showed to beat Spurs. It really makes me wonder how much different we would have been now if Moyes never left and got the influx of the Moshiri money.

Norwich are gone. Newcastle are down there but will invest heavily in Jan and move up the table. I think given our fixtures before the end of the year we will drop down the league. But by Jan our players should be back. The main concern is if we get any more injuries before then as I doubt we will be spending in Jan.

And welcome to Bramley Moore and the brand new Tetley's Bitter Blues Stadium. The capacity 29,500 crowd are expecting an excellent close encounter with big local rivals Tranmere, newly promoted to League One. And I have some team news just handed me

Everton manager Phil Neville has named the following side including Clarke, released by Tranmere in the summer, facing his old side:

Lonergan
Coleman (capt.) Holgate Clarke Branthwaite
Kenny, Davies, Gbamin, Iwobi,
Rondon, Tosun

Come to think of it , I've never known what relegation feels like in my time on this planet . Might be nice to finally find out
Might win a play-off and stop being the least winning side in the top 4 tiers of English Football in the past 26 years (and counting)

THIS IS A FACT - every other side in the top 4 divisions has won something - even if it's only a Johnstone's Paint Trophy or a Promotion Play-Off Final it's still more than us since 1995. So "not having been relegated and in a position to win a lower league title" is a positive thing, I guess. But every other club has had a moment in the sun since we won a trophy last.

Might win a play-off and stop being the least winning side in the top 4 tiers of English Football in the past 26 years (and counting)

THIS IS A FACT - every other side in the top 4 divisions has won something - even if it's only a Johnstone's Paint Trophy or a Promotion Play-Off Final it's still more than us since 1995. So "not having been relegated and in a position to win a lower league title" is a positive thing, I guess. But every other club has had a moment in the sun since we won a trophy last.
As if the quiet dignity of the venerable Florida Cup means nothing.

This couldnt be anywhere near correct

This couldnt be anywhere near correct
It sure is.. obviously it's easy enough to point out every side in the current PL has won something been promoted etc in the past 26 years.

Ditto every other club in the pyramid. Oldham were the only side challenging us for this dubious "title"

Should have enough to finish lower midtable. I'm not one of these who thinks everton are even close to a top 6 team. I said last year we would finish mid table even before xmas as I feel our squad is very average at best. We are losing ground season by season. West ham, leeds, leicester, Aston villa and now newcastle will be ahead of us. Add the so called top 6 into that and its mid table at best for next decade unless we clear out this bunch of losers and when I mean a clear out I mean 90% of them.

Those who think different are completely delusional. On our bad day (which is becoming alot more common in the last 5 years) we can be as bad as anyone in the premiership.

But should just about have enough to stay up.

Well. Yesterday we had two centre halfs who were both relegated from the premier league
Keane, burnley
Godfrey, norwich.
We paid 55m for centre halfs who were relegated.
I think thats possibly the most Everton thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.