Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
and thinks they’re is positives

Listening to various podcasts over the last week, apparently we have it in our "business" plan or model which I believe is a more apt saying for our center forward, a contingency for relegation and being in the championship for one year?

Think myself we are down and we wont be coming up for a few years. Hopefully by then we have new owners and Kenwright, DBB (what do you actually do by the way?) will be working on a building site with JJK as a brick carrier, as he is not a football player!

One thing I would say is that relegation would be horrible and it means so much to most of us on here. But it is at the end of the day football. Not trying to be flippant at all but life will carry on. To people who are getting very upset and worried over it remember that . Was not looking forward to the game or the rest of the season. Then heard last night of a young kid of 22 who I'd know through another sport who tool his life yesterday and I just realised that at times we take it to heart too much.
It will get us down. But there are other things in life much more important .

New DOF in the club who we have to put our trust in to sort the squad out.

Lets get it right if we dont go down this season then Moshiri is still owner, Kenwright is still chairman, Lampard is still manager and these players are still here so its likely another relegation battle next season.

There is no silver bullet some of our fans are hoping for - be no Europe or midtable next season if we do manage to stay up.

The Fans need to wake up and fast and stop the self pity.
If you think having a new director of football at this club as it's currently run will make an ounce of difference then you are in for a surprise.

Problem clearly isn't who is the director of football. It's everyone else at that level.
Kill us, so that we may live again...Leeds, Villa, Man City...all went down with massive financial issues, all came back much healthier. Their fans are enjoying themselves, and even had fun during their Prem time-out.

It's been soulless stuff following the blues these last few years, the more I think about it the more I feel relegation will do the club right in the long-term. But surviving will just prolong this long death of the club's soul.

The difference there is that they didn't go down with 100 grand a week players with zero resale value and massive losses to be made on them.

That's the difference here. Villa only turned it around when they were bought out at least twice more, Leeds took how long and absolute mess in the process to do it. City were not a team you were surprised went down at the time.

How many clubs pay 100 grand a week to players in the championship and last very long whilst also balancing books for throwing money away? Relegation kills us , we will struggle to even sort out a squad that can compete at that level because there will absolutely nothing left after the vultures swoop.

The mad thing is that none of this happens if Tom Davies shoots against Utd.
Or if Benitez sticks a midfielder on when 2-1 up v Watford.

If we do go down we’ll need to sell:
Calvert-Lewin; 50 mill
Richie; 50 mill
Allan; 10 mill
Pickford; 30 mill

Plus contracts expiring of Sigurdsson, Delph and Tosun.

That’s 140 million in transfer fees plus around 30 million a year in wages in total.

These savings, plus parachute payments, would probably keep the banks away/FFP clear for one season as long as we could get promoted at the first time of asking, if we don’t then we’re in serious turmoil.
If we go down I don't care if we don't come straight back up!... We've lost a massive part of what made us good!... Our History!

Status
Not open for further replies.