Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to reassure some. Burnley have won 3 games out of 28. They win a game every 10 played.

The likelihood that they therefore win 3 out of 10 (which is likely the minimum needed to beat the drop) is somewhat remote.

Burnley are probably going down. They are in the last chance saloon (we are not). They must win tonight.
I'll sleep soundly now lad.

Adrian heath has a lot to answer for. If he didn't score against southampton in the semi-final against southampton in '84, I mightn't have been a blue. I wouldn't have at least 5 more wrinkles than I should have. I wouldn't have sky high blood pressure. I wouldn't have neighbours who think there is a maniac living next door. I wouldn't have a drinks cabinet stocked up with domestos. Thanks inchy ?
Doing a decent job in the MLS in fairness

100% his net worth since owning everton has nearly doubled.

Newcastle fans expected Mike Ashley to flog them when they went down and he never as he knew his investment woukd be down the pan if he didn't sell them as a PL club.

If you're Moshiri - do you:

A. Sell Everton for £100 million in the Championship

or

B. Cover the losses, get Everton back to the PL, finish BMD and sell Everton for £600 million?
How much are the losses going to be? Already over £300m and counting. They would be catastrophic if we go down, even more so if we don’t come straight back up as the parachute payments will stop. He’s got a stadium to build that seemingly he’s going to finance the lot. £600m wouldn’t get him anything like what he’s spent on Everton. And also, who would buy a newly promoted club for £600m? I’m not being a fearmonger, just a realist.

Saturday 9th April

Premier League

• Everton v Manchester United

Wednesday 20th April

Premier League

• Everton v Leicester City

Sunday 24th April

Premier League

• Liverpool v Everton

Sunday 1st May

Premier League

• Everton v Chelsea

Saturday 7th May

Premier League

• Leicester City v Everton

Wednesday 11th May

Premier League

• Watford v Everton

Sunday 15th May

Premier League

• Everton14:00Brentford

Thursday 19th May

Premier League

• Everton v Crystal Palace

Sunday 22nd May

Premier League

• Arsenal v Everton
I bet it'll go to the last game of the season and we lose at Arsenal because we're horrifc away
And Burnley run in is miles better.

I’ve felt pessimistic since before Christmas. Each game I still had hope but no real belief. That hope is gone now. How we can shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again? Being honest had we not had two penalties did we ever look like scoring from open play?

I’m sure I speak for a lot of us in saying that I feel numb and sick at the same time. I don’t know how it has come to this. ?

Manchester United on Saturday is the next chance to not suck. We can only hope United have another off day.

Phil.

The schedule is not in their favor for sure. Right now, Everton needs to fight to stay on top. That should be the expectation. We can't expect them to play well. We can't expect them to win the majority of the games. We have to hope that the bottom three lose more points than Everton. That is my expectation at the moment. If they can stay in the Premier, they will be in a tie for first at the first game next year. I can't worry about who will be the manager and how many players will go out or will come in. It is all about survival (which is a sad expectation for a team with such great fans).

If a team like ours (Southampton) can go down, strip down, rebuild and re-emerge - all the while surviving financially - then Everton certainly can.
Besides, I don't think you're getting relegated. That team will just about dig out something.
Just.

I think we are done for in the premier league this season. But thank you for your positivity, I also think we as Everton can rebuild and come back stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.