Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I detach myself it does fascinate me how the club would deal with relegation - so much of it must be built on near guaranteed PL status. Surely you'd have to sell every PL-worthy player (well, maybe somebody else would think they were), run down whatever contracts just to manage your wage bill - otherwise it would be completely out of proportion to income.
We’d be in a financial nightmare so I reckon the majority of the squad would have to go. Be a fire sale.

Sellable assets like Pickford,richarlison,dcl,grey,Godfrey,Mina,Allan,doucoure would get some money in but at a reduced fee?

Then I think you’d have to look at getting what you can for others on big wages - Keane,Holgate, dele, Iwobi, rondon

Whilst others - Kenny/delph/tosun/Sigurdsson are gone anyway.

I’d wager only Patterson, branthwaite, Gordon and maybe Coleman from the current squad would still be around.

The squad would be made up of youngsters , Patterson/branthwaite/dobbin/Simms/broadhead etc , players on loan from the prem and maybe a few wise old heads on free transfers. It wouldn’t be pretty-but then again neither is now.

It doesn’t bear thinking about really.

It isn’t.

The majority of people who didn’t want him sacked weren’t saying so because they were in love with him. It was largely (particularly towards the end of his tenure) that there were no obvious better alternatives.

I’ve seen a few shouts on here in recent weeks to sack Lampard and get a manager in who has proven form in a relegation battle. Which is ironic.
Benitez doesn't have proven form in a relegation battle though, he was brought in by Newcastle to keep them up and didn't do it...

We're running out of games here, it's as simple as that really. We've only won the two league games under Lampard so far.

Last edited:

As globe head said, games like today just confirm it, we didnt even play that badly, compared to other games and we still lost.

Theres nothing that makes me feel like we even have a chance.

Palace
Leicester x 2
Brentford
All likely have nothing to play for.

Watford and Burnley are unbelievably in a worse position.

Without hope there is nothing.

Palace
Leicester x 2
Brentford
All likely have nothing to play for.

Watford and Burnley are unbelievably in a worse position.

Without hope there is nothing.
The 5 home games and the Burnley Watford away games are the key matches. We need to win 3 of those 7.

The Anfield game is a write off and about protecting goal difference. Arsenal final day is a write off if we need a result because they will bottle it.

We’d be in a financial nightmare so I reckon the majority of the squad would have to go. Be a fire sale.

Sellable assets like Pickford,richarlison,dcl,grey,Godfrey,Mina,Allan,doucoure would get some money in but at a reduced fee?

Then I think you’d have to look at getting what you can for others on big wages - Keane,Holgate, dele, Iwobi, rondon

Whilst others - Kenny/delph/tosun/Sigurdsson are gone anyway.

I’d wager only Patterson, branthwaite, Gordon and maybe Coleman from the current squad would still be around.

The squad would be made up of youngsters , Patterson/branthwaite/dobbin/Simms/broadhead etc , players on loan from the prem and maybe a few wise old heads on free transfers. It wouldn’t be pretty-but then again neither is now.

It doesn’t bear thinking about really.

if this club goes we melt. it’s pivotal we don’t would be the end of this football club

Status
Not open for further replies.