Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people genuinely believe we’d have less points than this if Benitez was still here ?

I like Lampard but I’m struggling to argue he wouldn’t have done a better job at this stage.

We concede more, score less, and he’s had players back in the side that Benitez was without for months.

Probably the same amount of points with a more dislikable manager.

And those players have come back and been crap, as was always going to happen.

The one thing I see every week with this group is players not running back fast enough when we lose possession. Its not just tactics that leave you open to transitions. The effort you are willing to put in is just as important.

We dont want it enough out there. Where is the sprinting back or the tactical fouling?

Leeds were a mess when we played them.

The Goodison atmosphere would be there in our current predicament regardless of the manager, because people are concerned about us going down if they don’t back the team.

In almost every worthwhile statistic we seem to have gone backwards.

You know my view that I think the manager is irrelevant at this point.

The players just aren’t good enough not to make individual errors. No manager can protect against that (as Ancelotti, Benitez, and now Lampard) are finding

At least under Lampard the players don’t have an immediate excuse to hide behind. We’ve seen better work rate in some games but the errors are still there. Under Benitez the players wouldn’t work and were making errors.

Our only chance to stay up now is a United Goodison for our home form and increased work rate getting us anything away from home. As soon as we made the decision to get rid of Benitez that was always going to be the case, we put off the immediate short term pain to try and get a new manager bounce. What’s become apparent is that the players are so bad that it wasn’t the tactics or mood of the manager holding them back, it was their own application and quality.

The one thing I see every week with this group is players not running back fast enough when we lose possession. Its not just tactics that leave you open to transitions. The effort you are willing to put in is just as important.

We dont want it enough out there. Where is the sprinting back or the tactical fouling?

Gray just let’s people run past him and gets crosses in. He’s just completely stopped working from how he started the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.