Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could very easily have finished in a Euro spot that season with more motivation (and it might have got him longer), we would have finished lower but for other teams tailing off

We had Tosun up front so no we shouldn't have. Either way we didn't look like getting relegated which looks a distinct possibility now

We need a spark. A moment when we get a break out of the blue. If we dont get it against Newcastle it'll be very very difficult to put the brakes on and start turning this in the other direction.

That said: IF we get a win against Newcastle we can still do this. I also think a free shot at Palace and a Wembley appearance secured could also dig out some late season form to get us just out of it.

I've seen matters worse than this for us in the 90s. The difference was that we had characters in those teams. But the chance still remains for charcters to emerge from this parlous situation too.

Nil Desperandum.

We can still do this. It will take a very low total to survive. Thank goodness.
Dave .
Have a quick check.
Compared to this shower, the 90s weren't as bad.

A thing that worried me yesterday was when Dyche was interviewed post match after their loss.

Cool as a proverbial cucumber, praised his lads for the good game they played (which they did to be fair) and just came across as though he knows he'll pull the annual escape act off once again. I can't see our little loves living with them in a 6 pointer I'm now very sad to say.
This is a battle, and these players haven't the heart or strength of character for this battle. I hope i'm proven wrong though obviously!

It needs someone to grab them by the scruff of the neck and drag them through. DCL might play for the move he seemingly has his eye on, Mina might miraculously manage to play the last half dozen games and salvage the defence, Dobbin might get a go and score 3/4 goals that win us some games. Just needs something or someone to get them going!
They’ll have to be against some of the best teams in the league at this rate mate, we are running out of games.

I’m resigned to relegation now. It’s a bit like being in a rubber dinghy in the middle of the Atlantic with a slow puncture. You know your stuffed, it is just a matter of time. I would be amazed if this team won another game this season. Been watching Everton since the 70’s and this is certainly the worst ‘team’ I have witnessed. Truly shocking
I hope we don't end up like a Sheffield Wednesday. Aston Villa recovered pretty quickly when they went down. Hopefully we'll do the same, if the worst comes to the worst.

Still sponsored by Bedford vans ?

Steve Foster centre half with his headband.
Les Sealey in the sticks.
Ricky Hill with a bit of flair.
Mick Hartford holding the ball up for the Stein brothers to run on to ?

Don’t fancy this side of ours getting a result there..
Halcyon days when we had a proper team.

Status
Not open for further replies.