Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the list of fixtures we have in December and the signs of life from the bottom clubs we could well be in that bottom three by Christmas or shortly after.
With half a season to pull ourselves out of the relegation zone. The urgency seems a bit overstated.

Keep asking for it, it may just happen. Mathematically everyone from 4th down can get relegated.

It's pure PTSD from the 90s. We've had worst squads and not gone down. Teams don't finish 10th then get relegated unless there's complete chaos from top to bottom or a steady decline over seasons.

League positions since Mosh took over -
7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

We're just poor at the moment. The problem is the future and going forward rather than thinking we'd get relegated.

Not sure about that. I dont think those previous squads threw in the towel as quick as this lot do.
If it comes down to a good old fashioned scrap between us and a few clubs down there then we're screwed. They havent got it in them to roll up their sleeves.
Imagine relying on an alex iwobi to fight you out of a ditch. Pffft.

Not sure about that. I dont think those previous squads threw in the towel as quick as this lot do.
If it comes down to a good old fashioned scrap between us and a few clubs down there then we're screwed. They havent got it in them to roll up their sleeves.
Imagine relying on an alex iwobi to fight you out of a ditch. Pffft.

True in terms of a scrap but we have quality those club's don't in vital areas that will get us points.

But we all knew that there was a overhaul needed on the squad. Carlo knew it but getting a new gaffer in and the FFP rules sets us back again. Looking forward is bleak due to having zero plan or a new manager that looks like he could do it

True in terms of a scrap but we have quality those club's don't in vital areas that will get us points.

But we all knew that there was a overhaul needed on the squad. Carlo knew it but getting a new gaffer in and the FFP rules sets us back again. Looking forward is bleak due to having zero plan or a new manager that looks like he could do it

Hmmmm. Again. Not sure about that.

The affliction that makes this Everton team weaker than previous ones is the number of players susceptible to debilitating bouts of homesickness (or, to give it its medical term: Potty Syndrome). Snail and Crab are most affected by PS, but there are six or seven other first team players that miss their mummies and struggle to cope. Having a Chairman who blubbers all the time certainly does not assist matters since blubbering is contagious and so there are always torrents of tears in the Everton dressing room. I know we are supposed to be sensitive around these matters but when i was on a holiday camp (back in the 70s) with Ross Pottinger and he cried all the time, I told him he was a big girl's blouse and moved out of the cabin we shared. I actually ran into Potty at our primary school's centenary celebrations back in 2003...the years had not been kind to him.

Bottom 5 with 4 games to go based on Current 10 match Form

Watford 33
Norwich 30
Burnley 28
Everton 25
Newcastle 19
A. 2 pages ago you said we might finish on 44pts.
B. you now say we might be on 25pts with 4 games to go.
So which is it? cos it definitely can’t be both.
Last time I panicked was just before Big Sam came in after Lukaku was sold and we spent £150 million.

Please boys we need a heroic 3 points on Monday! I don't want that desperate feeling back.

Honestly I would be so happy to have Sigurdsson back in the squad at least he has some quality and output.
A win here buys the waiter some breathing space, a defeat and the relegation odds will be slashed again. 20/1 two weeks ago, 9/1 now.

With half a season to pull ourselves out of the relegation zone. The urgency seems a bit overstated.

Indeed.

Sure we will just start turning on the style in the New Year.

Nowt to worry about…….it’s just a wee block of ice on t’ horizon (as the lookout on the Titanic might or might not have said to the Captain).

Indeed.

Sure we will just start turning on the style in the New Year.

Nowt to worry about…….it’s just a wee block of ice on t’ horizon (as the lookout on the Titanic might or might not have said to the Captain).

D4D8ECE1-0A05-4C62-82E2-AAE9C302CB76.jpeg

BB933C2E-30EB-46D7-AE36-EDDCD5D784E5.jpeg

You just need to stop pissing your kecks.

You want us to get relegated?

I remember the week leading up to Wimbledon Day.

I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t concentrate on my work, I was snappy with the wife and family as home.

I even lost it with my dear arl mother, God rest her soul.

I never want to experience that awful feeling of impending doom again nor do I wish any younger fans with no real memory of that season to go through it.

Relegation is not desirable in any circumstance….FFS our top flight longevity is the only vestige of our days as one of England’s football aristocrats we have left to cling to.

And the way this wretched club is organised who would bet on us coming back up any time soon.

I cannot see us winning another game as things currently are and we could conceivably be in the bottom 3 in 2 games time.

Relegation is definitely a possibility this season. We are the worst team in the league.

It has been coming ever since Moshiri took over tbh. A clueless and very dangerous man who i am beginning to despise.
You think the bottom 3, who have a combined total of 4 wins all season between them, have a better chance of getting 2 wins on the trot than us getting a win ?

You think the bottom 3, who have a combined total of 4 wins all season between them, have a better chance of getting 2 wins on the trot than us getting a win ?
We only have 4 wins all season and have only took 2 points out of the last 24 and are currently rock bottom of the league on form so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.