Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exactly right. What good is it going to do going to goodison Sunday to moan/get on the back of the team/club?

People sometimes forget we aren’t “fans”, we are “supporters”. Our job is to support

Dont you let the haters bring you down mate.

You get behind this club and sing your heart oot as we need it right now.

COYB

I'm a Villa fan and let me just get one thing out there - relegation is never good.

When we went down in 2016 it was coming and as you said the toxicity of bad ownership and bad attitudes by players had led to a toxic relationship and total disconnect between players and fans. The following season - our first in the Championship - we thought we'd just bounce back. We had a new owner and spent money. It didn't happen and we were mi-table. By the end of the second season we lost the play-off final and then news broke of a miss HMRC tax payment of around £4m. Things looked desperate. luckily we then got the owners we have now, but the following season took a pretty extraordinary late run of 10 wins on the bounce for us to even make the play-offs which we eventually won.

The good side of things are that the games come round so fast if you win you're straight onto the next one, if you lose you don't have time to dwell on it and can fix it. It's also great knowing you are THE biggest club in the league. Wherever you play the crowds are big (even smaller grounds are full) because home teams are coming to see you as much as their team, and you know you'll sell out and have a fair few in home ends. Also, its great to be winning games more than losing. To not fear a tonking and playing every game to win. As the favourites.

But you don't want to get it wrong or get stuck there. If we hadn't have beaten Derby then God knows how long we could have been stuck there for. Sunderland have slipped through, Leeds stayed there for years. But Newcastle did bounce back as did West Ham, pretty quickly. The other thing to note is the longer you are awy the harder it is to stay in the top flight when you come back. Those like Ipswich in days gone by, Sheff U, Leeds, etc may have a great first season on the back of a building momentum from the previous seasons - but you'd be like us if you went and would need a rebuilding so it would be harder. You notice immediately the difference between the Championship and Premier League. 3 years away and everyone in the top flight seemed more athletic than when we were last there, every team - even those at the bottom - have at least one player that can hurt you. it's hard to stabilise when you've been away for a while.

Don't wish for relegation because you think it may be a positive - it very well may not. We're in our thiurd season back and I still cast a glance over my shoulder. I don't ever want to go back there. It's horrible. Like watching 20 average fighters all having one-handed fights to try and get the chance of a shot against Tyson Fury. Oh, and as for the referees. Jesus H [Poor language removed] Christ.
A well constructed dimension on the reality of dropping down.
As much as a 'factory reset" would appeal to some fans, its not for me.
Premier League survival a must.

I can PM you me season ticket details if you want lad?

I wont ask for yours as you've probably never stepped foot outside yer Runcorn ken never mind stepped foot in Goodison.

And just remember when you were getting piled on in the Covid thread for refusing the Covid vaccine, being called selfish, a murderer, diseased etc who backed you up? It wasnt nSnO ChRiS, wasnt Moutsgoat, it was @ForeverBlue92.

Last time I back you up my son.

Absolute state of this, I’ll happily meet you at Widnes Morrison’s and I won’t even need to pay the bridge toll.

We’re getting relegated.

I think we will finish second bottom, I really do. I remember Wimbledon and Coventry on the last day. Poor teams but effort and fight got us the points. This team is worse and has neither.

Win the next two home games and one of our postponed games against the dross and all will be fine. The other teams don’t have the same home support.
All will be fine

There's no silver linings to be had.
I'm beginning to think that people have no idea what demotion would do the club.
Catastrophic is probably the only way to describe it.
I for one cannot countenance the top tier of football without Everton being there.

I'll just add it's not what I think. But that's what they're going for I think.

Criticising the team and club won’t get us anywhere and actually could lead to us going down if we cause their confidence to get even more shot. We need to get behind them
Why didn't we think of that earlier. We should've taken thousands down to Spurs on a Monday night and sung. We would've won...oh wait.....

We've got a problem with some absolute bottlers playing for this club. We've tried supporting them and backing them nonstop. We'll support the team for 90 minutes, Goodison will be a bear pit. But let's not pretend for a second that:

A, the fans haven't been behind them.
B, the players could possibly lose more confidence/care less.

Lose on Sunday with another great atmosphere and I fully expect it to turn nasty. Half of the team need the Nyarko treatment.

Blindly supporting the team has got us nowhere. Maybe they need some rougher treatment. But let's not even begin to put this on the fans. The players are a disgrace.

I thought they were hopeless aginst us when they beat us at Molineux.

We were gutless and played the worst 45 minutes of football than even last night.

We can beat them and beat them well if the fans are up for it.

That better had happen too, because we'll never get out of the bottom three if we dont.

Im looking forward to it a lot more than the Newcastle game as I think it'll actually be a good watch.

If the crowd get behind us im confident of 3 points. Gray being fit would be a huge boost he offers that pace and directness none of our other attacking players have.

Im looking forward to it a lot more than the Newcastle game as I think it'll actually be a good watch.

If the crowd get behind us im confident of 3 points. Gray being fit would be a huge boost he offers that pace and directness none of our other attacking players have.
I hope Lampard is sensible enough to drop DCL for the rest of the season. He offers nothing.

I'm a Villa fan and let me just get one thing out there - relegation is never good.

When we went down in 2016 it was coming and as you said the toxicity of bad ownership and bad attitudes by players had led to a toxic relationship and total disconnect between players and fans. The following season - our first in the Championship - we thought we'd just bounce back. We had a new owner and spent money. It didn't happen and we were mi-table. By the end of the second season we lost the play-off final and then news broke of a miss HMRC tax payment of around £4m. Things looked desperate. luckily we then got the owners we have now, but the following season took a pretty extraordinary late run of 10 wins on the bounce for us to even make the play-offs which we eventually won.

The good side of things are that the games come round so fast if you win you're straight onto the next one, if you lose you don't have time to dwell on it and can fix it. It's also great knowing you are THE biggest club in the league. Wherever you play the crowds are big (even smaller grounds are full) because home teams are coming to see you as much as their team, and you know you'll sell out and have a fair few in home ends. Also, its great to be winning games more than losing. To not fear a tonking and playing every game to win. As the favourites.

But you don't want to get it wrong or get stuck there. If we hadn't have beaten Derby then God knows how long we could have been stuck there for. Sunderland have slipped through, Leeds stayed there for years. But Newcastle did bounce back as did West Ham, pretty quickly. The other thing to note is the longer you are awy the harder it is to stay in the top flight when you come back. Those like Ipswich in days gone by, Sheff U, Leeds, etc may have a great first season on the back of a building momentum from the previous seasons - but you'd be like us if you went and would need a rebuilding so it would be harder. You notice immediately the difference between the Championship and Premier League. 3 years away and everyone in the top flight seemed more athletic than when we were last there, every team - even those at the bottom - have at least one player that can hurt you. it's hard to stabilise when you've been away for a while.

Don't wish for relegation because you think it may be a positive - it very well may not. We're in our thiurd season back and I still cast a glance over my shoulder. I don't ever want to go back there. It's horrible. Like watching 20 average fighters all having one-handed fights to try and get the chance of a shot against Tyson Fury. Oh, and as for the referees. Jesus H [Poor language removed] Christ.
Great post mate!

Always had a spot for the Villa, well Villa Park, must be all the "Proper" Semis in the 80's

A good perspective tho.

Anyone wanting us relegated is deluded as to how it pans out, it will be devastating for the Club in so many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.