Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generally 40 points does it. But West Ham went down on 42 points a fair few years ago, that was a 38 game season too?
Sheffield Utd went down on 41 I think one year
I think Southampton would have to be fairly unlucky to go down on 40 points. They’d need to lose their remaining games and us, Leeds and Burnley get to 41 points. Could happen but it’s unlikely.

We probably need another 9 or 10 points to keep us out of the mire. If we don’t get that then we’re relying on the other two to have a disastrous run in.

Absolutely nothing will happen to Chelsea. They’ll buy two £100m players in the summer.
I think they’ll quite probably be okay, but if Abrahamovich genuinely wants a £1.6bn loan repaid I just can’t imagine any investor looking at that and thinking it’s a goer. Be cheaper to buy Fulham and turn them into a mega power lol

You just cannot set up hoping other teams falter, it’s a recipe for disaster.

You aim high, so that your high target can out soon the others even if they do well.

I keep seeing “Leeds won’t get 5 points”, but what if they do? Then the “decent” points we’d have taken at Leicester and Watford turn into disappointments.

Go for the jugular. 3 wins and a draw, 4 wins, 3 wins… any of them heap huge pressure on the others, especially Southampton, if they lose at the weekend.

I think Southampton would have to be fairly unlucky to go down on 40 points. They’d need to lose their remaining games and us, Leeds and Burnley get to 41 points. Could happen but it’s unlikely.

We probably need another 9 or 10 points to keep us out of the mire. If we don’t get that then we’re relying on the other two to have a disastrous run in.
If at the weekend we win against Leicester and Burnley or Leeds get a result and Southampton lose away at Brentford (I think all those things could easily happen) all of a sudden Southampton will start to get mentioned as part of this relegation scrap!
They’ve got 3 difficult games too…
Also if they do lose their remaining 3 games, us and Burnley would only need 40 points most likely as our GD by then would probably be better than theirs.

Edit. Obviously we just need to win as many games as possible and look after us as it’s in our hands. All being well we are safe going into arsenal game.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.