Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, indulge me:

City beat Leeds and it's likely they'll lose to Arsenal away next week.

So, that hands us 3 games to claw 5 points back.

Can / will we do that?

I don't think they will lose both to Arsenal and Chelsea. They create chances so have a punchers chance. I'd expect them to win at least 1 of their last 2 games as well.

Our only chance is to win tomorrow, then get something next week, and see where we are.

Tbh mate that was probably 10 games ago. If we go i will forever look back at that burnley game. Some of the most amateurish defending ever. The most not lose game of the season. And gave them the best tonic ever that they could get out of it.
Norwich and watford follow closely. But burnley was 1 nail in the coffin.
Spot on mate.

Wimbledon was just before I was born. I don't remember 98.

This is by far the worst position I have ever seen the club. There is absolutely no reason to be optimistic other than false hope. Our only way out is winning football matches and we can't win 2 matches in a row. This is our own fault and no one is going to save us.

I haven’t, I’ve seen us in a scrap from the start of the season and claw ourselves away

I’ve never witnessed us plummet down the league at an alarming rate, winning minimal games and creating minimal chances.

I always had faith in the 90’s, this year….nope

What did the league tables look like in the 90s relegation battles with 4-5 games to go?

In the 90s i felt we lacked quality in multiple areas and could have lost any game we played in (aside from when Royle was manager).

If we had gone down there was no money at all in the bank and we'd have been in serious trouble as a club.

Most seasons it was a case of praying to reach enough pts to stay up before enjoying the football.

Now we have a multi-billionaire owner so the club wont be in financial trouble if we go down.

Theres a new stadium 2 years away.

We have some very exciting young players in the squad...alot of dross but something to build on

Chelsea, Leicester, Watford are really critical games that could set us up nicely for the final 3.

My hope is that at the end of the Brentford match we're safe or needing one result from the final two.

Never once blamed our troubles 100% on Lampard.

But its worrying how he bottles big games - FA Cup Final, Championship Play Off, Relegation 6 pointer against Burnley.

He's gotten away with murder because his name isnt Rafael Benitez.
And he got the job 'cos he name is Frank Lampard, there is no other valid reason to give him the job. Realistically he has none of the attributes or experience required.

In the 90s i felt we lacked quality in multiple areas and could have lost any game we played in (aside from when Royle was manager).

If we had gone down there was no money at all in the bank and we'd have been in serious trouble as a club.

Most seasons it was a case of praying to reach enough pts to stay up before enjoying the football.

Now we have a multi-billionaire owner so the club wont be in financial trouble if we go down.

Theres a new stadium 2 years away.

We have some very exciting young players in the squad...alot of dross but something to build on

Chelsea, Leicester, Watford are really critical games that could set us up nicely for the final 3.

My hope is that at the end of the Brentford match we're safe or needing one result from the final two.
Nobody is factoring I the refereeing. Watford should have had a penalty to go 2-0 up today. The game's bent

Benitez one win in fourteen, should have been sacked after half of those loses, most definitely after the Norwich game, not sure how many games he had after that but still he had more than enough time to get it right and didn’t.
The timing was a calamity, should have sacked him earlier so lampard had the whole window. Why let him do business to only sack him? Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.