Status
Not open for further replies.
mate swapping the league that everyone loves and is the best in the world

for f n championship come on

they’re is no good from it

unless your some of the ones who want days out,

and to be stuck in it

i don’t and thousands and thousands others don’t
i think you need to vent your fustrations elsewhere instead of turning on evertonians.
maybe some blues would prefer a day out in blackpool than getting tonked 5-0 in spurs shiny new stadium!

We'll live with it, if we need to.

In a certain way to me, having seen us win league titles, we were relegated unofficially a long time ago.

I'm mot minimising the impact of actual relegation either, but we have never been in the Champions League and have won a single trophy in 35 years. IIRC, its 7 European campaigns in 30 years, the "highlight" of which was a home penalty shoot-out defeat in the last 16 of the Europa League, or whatever it was called then.

We have been fed a diet of expected losses and a mix of hammerings and hard luck stories against our betters.

I know relegation if it happens makes all that worse, but its been bad for a long, long time.

Well it's pretty hard to say what will happen in the long term. I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in 10 or 20 years time.

I just think there is going to be a lot of pain and struggles in the next 3 to 5 years. There is extremely little chance of us bouncing back quickly, and I don't know how we even try to get the club back into a stable financial position.
Oh the immediate financial implications of relegation would be horrendous. No club that has ever been relegated has ever had our level of debt, our level of annual financial losses or our level of wage liabilities. Best case scenario is that we do a Derby County.

People are kidding themselves if they think we can “rebuild”, keep our best players, get rid of the dead wood and then come straight back up next season as if nothing ever happened.

i think you need to vent your fustrations elsewhere instead of turning on evertonians.
maybe some blues would prefer a day out in blackpool than getting tonked 5-0 in spurs shiny new stadium!
I have a few friends who are Luton fans, and I am an acquaintance of Nick Owen, so that's one game I'm looking forward to. As long as Luton win the Championship play-off of course.

I don’t think anyone seriously wants for us to be playing the likes of Blackpool and Peterborough in perpetuity and for us to permanently lose our elite status just because we’ve struggled this season.

If anyone does I’ll be surprised.

I’m happy to have more defeats in this league than more wins over Scunthorpe or Blackpool or whoever. Wins over those clubs are worthless.

It’s like our Champions League ambitions. We know if we ever reach the group stages of the Champions League we will probably struggle and lose more matches than we would in the Prem. Obviously we’re a million miles from the CL right now, but you get the idea. If it’s just about winning we should go down to the National League North. We’d win almost all our games in that division.

Chelsea play United away on Thursday night, before travelling again to the North West to face us on Sunday afternoon. We have a full week to prepare. Not that it'll show - they'll probably look somehow like they've had a month off and we'll be leggy after 5 minutes, but it's a bonus for us and we have to take advantage of it.

We then have a week off before Leicester, who play away at Roma on the Thursday night before us on the Sunday. Again, we have to take advantage of that.

These are our toughest fixtures and we have been given a huge helping hand. If we can scrape 4 points by hook or crook from those two games we can still make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.