Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still have any hope?

It all seems so inevitable to me now.
Burnley have a very small squad. It is not inconceivable they completely blow up during the run in. When I did my predictions a couple of game weeks ago which saw us staying up by a point I had Burnley winning the Southampton game. I also had Burnley beating Norwich and losing to West Ham. However, I had us winning that Leicester game. What concerns me is the manner of the victory in Burnley’s last game. They were worthy winners and the performance level coupled with their fixture list suggests they can win several more. I think we have 2 victories in us tops and a couple of draws. That would take us to 37. I actually think Leeds are our best bet if they lose away at Palace next. Lose that and we could catch them after we have played the Watford game and still have a game in hand. They have a poor goal difference too. We need this to become a 3 way battle.

How anyone thinks it's "inevitable" that we get overtaken and plunged into the Championship by a team below us on points and with a game less to play than us is beyond me.

I think they're just looking for a hug.

Utterly gutless and pathetic thinking.
They have let me down in every critical game in the last twenty years.

They have no fight in them.

They will be annihilated today. Although we expect to lose, a heavy defeat will be a sucker punch.

Evergg the time I see a glimmer of hope they find a way of extinguishing it.

To be honest I’m preparing for the inevitable by weaning myself off footballl I’m. It hurts me too much.

I won’t watch today.

They will be annihilated today. Although we expect to lose, a heavy defeat will be a sucker punch.

To be honest I’m preparing for the inevitable by weaning myself off footballl I’m. It hurts me too much.

I won’t watch today.
Neither will anyone else, because it's on tomorrow.

I won’t watch today.
Fair play to you mate but we don't play until tomorrow

I won’t watch today.
Sniff, sniff. Don't you mean tomorrow?

The Burnley game tomorrow is a very interesting one. I'd imagine they will be thinking they'd take a point right now, thinking they can go and win at Watford next week. That can be a dangerous mindset though, especially with their quick turnaround after Thursday.

The Burnley game tomorrow is a very interesting one. I'd imagine they will be thinking they'd take a point right now, thinking they can go and win at Watford next week. That can be a dangerous mindset though, especially with their quick turnaround after Thursday.
I had Burnley as winning both games, so anything less than 6 to me is a bonus, but off course i rather they lose just so we stay out that bottom 3 a touch longer, then hope Watford somehow pull a miracle off next week and actually win a home game (Before we go there that is)

I had Burnley as winning both games, so anything less than 6 to me is a bonus, but off course i rather they lose just so we stay out that bottom 3 a touch longer, then hope Watford somehow pull a miracle off next week and actually win a home game (Before we go there that is)
I'd be shocked if they win both but obviously not beyond realistic possibility. If they do pick up 6 and Leeds get something at Palace that is a big blow.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it one bit but I was like that last year too. Who knows what will happen? Everyone expects us to be thrashed so, even if it happens, that's the way the cookie crumbles. If, however, we pull a performance out of the bag...

Thing I'm dreading most and makes me unnecessarily angry is the unashamedly biased commentary. No replays for incidents in our favour and slo-mo multiple angles for everything against them. Drives me mental!

Status
Not open for further replies.