Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this is true but looking below us few of those sides have as much talent, I still think Newcastle are going to go, the gap is so big now few of those teams will get points from the top 8, it could all come down to the head to head 6 pointers
I know where you are coming from,but even allowing for the talent if you get dragged into a dogfight which it looks like we are trying to do,panic sets in and that "talent"goes out of the window,again the next two/three games are vital for our eventual well-being I think.

We are in a relegation battle...

One of the Weakest forward line in the premiership...

One of the weakest defence in the premiership...

Midfield lightweight too with no permanent manager in place & team in disarray...

We are looking at a very difficult situation at the moment & will be fighting all the way to keep our premiership status...
Look at the teams in the mix, our just the 4 below us Burnley, Newcastle, Watfosd and Norwich, how many polayers do they have that get in our team? None really, same with Brentford and Leeds too really. But how many players in our squad walk into there? Loads will, Gray, Pickford, Richarlison, DCL for example all will, our squad is far too good to go down, just not good enough for top 8.

I know where you are coming from,but even allowing for the talent if you get dragged into a dogfight which it looks like we are trying to do,panic sets in and that "talent"goes out of the window,again the next two/three games are vital for our eventual well-being I think.
See this run of 5 games was vital, ok we blew the first one, but its all about the next 4 now, Villa are good so this time next week we will know were we are.

Naysmith on SSN scathing about the board letting Digne go. In fairness his form has been poor for some time but this board has been dysfunctional for years.

Watford, Newcastle and Norwich have all had the new manager bounce this season and are still 6 points off us after a dismal run of form ourselves. If we get 6 points from the next 9 we'll already be virtually home and dry.

Look at the teams in the mix, our just the 4 below us Burnley, Newcastle, Watfosd and Norwich, how many polayers do they have that get in our team? None really, same with Brentford and Leeds too really. But how many players in our squad walk into there? Loads will, Gray, Pickford, Richarlison, DCL for example all will, our squad is far too good to go down, just not good enough for top 8.
How many points out of the last 12 games ?

Our current form is poor, we are struggling to win games & look vulnerable...
Our home form is dismal, we have no permanent manager & I fear we are in a fight now...

Our current form is poor, we are struggling to win games & look vulnerable...
Our home form is dismal, we have no permanent manager & I fear we are in a fight now...
Yeah but will that continue with a change of managers? One thing next week will have is a bouncing Goodison, if so and we win my long standing point about the fans supporting the players is valid.
If Dunc is in charge it will be positive, for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.