Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically it is in our hands but with games against quadruple chasing RS and the European/world champions Chelsea mean the reality is it is not. Burnley have no such fixtures. I still think we will sneak home as the slightly better side with a deeper squad. Also if we win Wednesday and Leeds lose they are also back in it
It’s completely in our hands. We don’t have to rely on anybody. Not sure why you are writing the Chelsea game off. Fancy us against anyone bar City and R/S at home.

Arsenal away is a much harder game especially if Champions League is up for grabs.

Everybody is looking at burnley...I am looking at Leeds...finish above Leeds and 100% we will be save. Win on Wednesday and 2 points behind them with one game in hand...we then have some decent opportunities at home (brentford and palace) and away (watford) to over take them.

Yes...alot riding on the Leicester game.

If we can get within striking distance of Leeds then our games look more favourable.

Before we played United last week we looked doomed. One point ahead of Burnley. We now have a 3 point gap and a game in hand to make it 6. Today's events have to be seen as good overall.

If Burnley had looked finished there today and failed to get a point, I'd have accepted a point on Wednesday.* But a win assumes a greater urgency now. And they will not be easy.

*I still will if that's all there is like.
Losing Westwood is a big blow to Burnley. They literally have 2 fit centre midfielders for the rest of the season. A win on Wednesday is massive especially if they lose or draw against Southampton on Thursday

Looking at Leeds fixtures I can see them only getting about 2 more points.
They are extremely tough. If we can get 3 points on Wednesday to get them a couple of points more within reach and a game in hand, I'd feel confident of reeling them in.

Wednesday will be massive for Everton, Burnley and Leeds.

If we beat Leicester to land back to back wins the confidence levels will grow dramatically in our team.

It’s completely in our hands. We don’t have to rely on anybody. Not sure why you are writing the Chelsea game off. Fancy us against anyone bar City and R/S at home.

Arsenal away is a much harder game especially if Champions League is up for grabs.

And Chelsea players will probably be on the beach by the time we play them. Win against Arsenal or West Ham and they’d be safe in 3rd with no hope of 2nd

If we aim for 17th we will be relegated...Burnley will pick up points for sure...we have to look at who is next up in the table and stop looking behind...this has to be the mentality now going forward.
I didnt say we shouldn't aim to catch them. I just think if we survive, more than likely we will have finished 17th

Ha ok. It’s all about carrying the one. ;)
For me, our Strikers should be getting the least flak, but thats just me.

chances.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.