Relegation picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't go so far as to think Boro will be relegated, but if they keep Yakubu and he's unsettled they will loose more than if they sell him and get a hungry forward that wants to prove himself to the team. On the other hand.. if Yakubu is denied a transfer and show his form from last season.. they won't go down.

The thing is with Boro is that if they lose Woody to injury and Yakubu to erm, us- they will be screwed. They have no depth whatsoever and were chuffed to bits that they 'almost' signed Alan Smith. Brilliant.

True, but if they loose Yak to us they'll get the cash to get a replacement that wants to play there. And a player who wants to play for the club is much better than a player who wants to leave.

Well I think Southgate is one of the worst managers in the premiership, too inexperienced and clearly should have had a big club straight away. It wont be too long before their relegated or he's sacked.

boro are on thin ice.

i believe fulham have strengthened sufficiently (remember, bullard is back i think, and steven davis from villa is a good midfielder) they still have problems in defence, but a solid midfield should keep them safe.

wigan are for the chop,
derby have too little quality spread too thinly,
and although sunderland have bought, theres no guarantees.

would like birmingham to get relegated, not least because they have the word 'ming' in their name.

I'd like to see Fulham and Birmingham go down, both sets of fans started to think they were gonna win the league when they first came up just cos they spent a couple of million here or there. Really arrogant fans, so I'd be glad to see the back of them.

And now Boro have blocked our move for Yakubu, i hope they go down to.

quite a few teams i fink r in that drop zone !!

birmingham
derby
fulham
sunderland
and wigan

i think any of them r capable of going down !

An old one this time, from before the season.

Time to dust off and see how your start-of-the-season predictions for relegation stood out.

Me, I wasn't far off on my choices, Fulham escaping at the last second. My only regret, Brum didn't finish bottom.

Me, I wasn't far off on my choices, Fulham escaping at the last second. My only regret, Brum didn't finish bottom.[/quote]
My only regret it was not Liverpool but with Hicks and the Fat waiter maybe Iwill have better luck next seasonlol;)

A lot of us picked Brum and Derby with a few mentioning Reading.

And how about my initial post about Fulham beating the drop?

Lucky guess.

I think Derby will be the whipping boys of the league, Birmingham could struggle and the other place is a bit of a lottery, I think Bolton will be in the bottom half this season. But what the hell:

18) Middlesborough
19) Birmingham
20) Derby

How right were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.