Relegation Fight 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: whats the straw that changes your opinion? At what point do you think that MAYBE Martinez isnt the guy to bring us forward?
If we're still smashing our heads against brick walls like the first half today against rubbish teams.

That would be unacceptable if that scenario continues too much into next season.

You can still be in a relegation fight without actually going down. Our current points total is close enough to the teams that will eventually be relegated in order to class ourselves as being in a relegation fight right now, but we will stay up because there are three teams that are even crapper than us.

If we're still smashing our heads against brick walls like the first half today against rubbish teams.

That would be unacceptable if that scenario continues too much into next season.
Fair enough. Im really really really hoping its a aberration this season but it seems more like the norm. The fact he absolutely persists with playing Naismith AND Barkley even tho they both take the same position is just absurd imo.

You can still be in a relegation fight without actually going down. Our current points total is close enough to the teams that will eventually be relegated in order to class ourselves as being in a relegation fight right now, but we will stay up because there are three teams that are even crapper than us.

Says the same fella who said 5th is mid table...

The fact we're still 12th is astonishing. So many bad teams in this league.

I'll tell you one thing, I know sunderland fans and none of them are looking for our results. We're not one of the teams they worry about having to stay ahead of.
We're safe as houses. In all likelihood we need another 10 points from 12 games.

Fair enough. Im really really really hoping its a aberration this season but it seems more like the norm. The fact he absolutely persists with playing Naismith AND Barkley even tho they both take the same position is just absurd imo.
Even Osman can come in and play their position better and with more impact every few games.

They're both square pegs in round holes. Barkley plays further back, for me. Naismith is someone you introduce off the bench.

The fact we're still 12th is astonishing. So many bad teams in this league.

I'll tell you one thing, I know sunderland fans and none of them are looking for our results. We're not one of the teams they worry about having to stay ahead of.

.....at the moment, but we are in there no doubt about that. A good week for the bottom 3 and a couple will be within 3 points. Have to be careful we don't drift into the middle of the dogfight and that could happen if there is a malaise. The league truly doesn't lie and we are only just above the worst.

Even Osman can come in and play their position better and with more impact every few games.

They're both square pegs in round holes. Barkley plays further back, for me. Naismith is someone you introduce off the bench.

....Barkley further back, presume you don't mean in goal.

.....at the moment, but we are in there no doubt about that. A good week for the bottom 3 and a couple will be within 3 points. Have to be careful we don't drift into the middle of the dogfight and that could happen if there is a malaise. The league truly doesn't lie and we are only just above the worst.

6 teams need to catch us. I can't see it.

We're picking up points.

Status
Not open for further replies.