Relegation 23/24 Thread

Dave….this ten point deduction business has become very real to me after this weekend, having spent the last nine days very relaxed and firmly in the “good season to lo be docked 10 points” camp.

Luton’s win to go five points clear of us has hit me in the gob like a wet kipper.

What do you think are the chances of some of our docked points being returned to us on appeal?
Zero.

And as I said last night, I think that more harm than good comes of the appeal. It could well hand a belief to our players they'll get a leg back up off the PL - and they won't.

An appeal is futile.

The only 'positive' is that we know our fate. We've been shafted on the severity of the infringement given its scale.

We're on 4 points and we won't get any of the ten taken away back. We now need 36 points from 26 matches.

Zero.

And as I said last night, I think that more harm than good comes of the appeal. It could well hand a belief to our players they'll get a leg back up off the PL - and they won't.
At least your consistent to what you said 10days ago in terms of the appeal

I still think the amount of points needed to stay up this season will be incredibly low though. I don't see any of Bournemouth, Luton, Burnley or Sheffield United getting more than 25 points.
They'll easily breakthrough that mark. You're looking at low 30s for Luton alone.

We need a 44 point season to survive here. We got 36 and 39 in our last 2 seasons.

We need Luton to go back to being Luton of the first 8/9 games of the season to survive.

They'll easily breakthrough that mark. You're looking at low 30s for Luton alone.

We need a 44 point season to survive here. We got 36 and 39 in our last 2 seasons.

We need Luton to go back to being Luton of the first 8/9 games of the season to survive.
tbh, before all this broke...and on the back of our recent 'upturn'...I was pencilling us in for 44.

2 weeks is a long time in football

Even with the 10 point deduction I don't see a situation where relegation is likely.

I'd be amazed if 2 of Sheff United, Luton, Burnley and Bournemouth get 30 points or over. If everyone stays at their current ppg average over 38 games, Burnley would get 12 points, Sheff United 15, Luton 26, Everton 30 (40 -10) and Bournemouth 35.

It shows the improvement that Burnley and Sheff United would need just to get to 30 points. Luton are doing quite well and even if they improve a bit in the 2nd half of the season, they aren't breaking 30 points by much.

26 points from 25 games is what is needed. Got 14 points from 13 games so even at this level of results extrapolated over a season would be fine.

Even with 10 point deduction chances of relegation are pretty low IMO.