Relegation 23/24 Thread

Disagree about the points deduction.

This is actually the perfect season to get one because none of the promoted teams look capable of getting more than 20 points. Bournemouth aren't much better either.

Naive to say that now, mate. I believe I'm right in saying that only on 5 separate occasions has a team failed to get at least 20 point sin the Prem era. And in all cases that was the team that finished dead last all in different seasons. The thought that we'll get all 3 on 20 or less in one season is mad.

I have to agree with @davek any points deduction leaves us incredibly vulnerable, especially given the points we've already threw away this season. Anything less than 6 and I think we still have a decent chance of staying up. I think anything more and it could well be a death sentence.

Naive to say that now, mate. I believe I'm right in saying that only on 5 separate occasions has a team failed to get at least 20 point sin the Prem era. And in all cases that was the team that finished dead last all in different seasons. The thought that we'll get all 3 on 20 or less in one season is mad.

I have to agree with @davek any points deduction leaves us incredibly vulnerable, especially given the points we've already threw away this season. Anything less than 6 and I think we still have a decent chance of staying up. I think anything more and it could well be a death sentence.

True. But I can't ever remember a year where all three promoted teams look so far out of their depth.

Luton know that they are going down and are just enjoying the surprise of being in the league. Sheffield United have only one point and have conceded twenty nine goals so far.

I thought Burnley would be a lot better than they have been but they look like a Championship team in the Premier League.

Bournemouth made a massive mistake getting rid of Gary O'Neil and look considerably worse than last season.

We are a quarter of the way through the season and the bottom four have three wins between them. The only time I see them picking up points is when they play each other!

the bottom 3 will go down with less than 30 points ( the 3 promoted teams ) unless they have a massive turnaround.

they all have poor teams and poor managers ( Kompany did brilliantly last season, but jos tactics this season have been comical )

we will be fine this season

I think we will manage to stay up this season fairly easily. Thank goodness for the likes of Burnley and Luton. Not sure who the 3rd spot will go to but I imagine it will be Bournemouth and/or Luton. Would personally love to see Forest go down but I won't get picky. Next season could be interesting though.

I think we will manage to stay up this season fairly easily. Thank goodness for the likes of Burnley and Luton. Not sure who the 3rd spot will go to but I imagine it will be Bournemouth and/or Luton. Would personally love to see Forest go down but I won't get picky. Next season could be interesting though.
probably the team bottom of the league with 1 point currently mate haha ( of course it was against us )

True. But I can't ever remember a year where all three promoted teams look so far out of their depth.

Luton know that they are going down and are just enjoying the surprise of being in the league. Sheffield United have only one point and have conceded twenty nine goals so far.

I thought Burnley would be a lot better than they have been but they look like a Championship team in the Premier League.

Bournemouth made a massive mistake getting rid of Gary O'Neil and look considerably worse than last season.

We are a quarter of the way through the season and the bottom four have three wins between them. The only time I see them picking up points is when they play each other!

Fair enough mate, I can't disagree with how they've performed so far, that's evident. But it only takes a manager change and/or a player or two in January to change the fortunes for those clubs so I'm reluctant to write any of them off fully.

2 of them have already got points against uslol

We tend to play better when the pressure is on, which we’ve seen in the past two seasons. It’s like a lightbulb goes off and they wake up.

Certainly in 21/22 won pretty much every important game at Goodison from March onwards bar Brentford which was impacted by going down to 10 men so early.

Last season suddenly a steel was developed on the road in last two months and some huge draws and the Brighton win.

Good news is West Ham was the exact same scrap out a tight win template and that's come 6 months earlier than usual.

Evertonians should be outraged at even the notion of a points deduction given the human rights abusing, financial doping, stepladder-retracting carry on of Newcastle, Man City, and Chelsea. They should be up in arms given the pyramid-destroying greed of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs.

ANY points deduction and the fix is in.

Nothing for the Super league plot either. Just basically sit in the naughty corner for five minutes and then a week later it was like the scheming to destroy domestic football had never happened.