Relegation 23/24 Thread

It's a rubbish return. We've played the worst 3 teams in the league and 2 others who could feasibly be in relegation trouble, with 4 of those games being at home.

Like we know, we should have had more wins based on the level of our oerformances, and that is something to absolutely hold on to, but the win today - albeit very pleasing - was an absolute must just to keep our heads above water for the time being, going into some harder games.

The key now is trying to increase the 3 point gap to 18th.

It's not going to be easy. Just had a look at Bournemouth's next two and they are Wolves and Burnley at home. So critical for Iraola he gets at least 4 points from that. Win both and Bournemouth will be pretty much in mid table pack again. Of course if Burnley win then their away form is looking quite decent.

Way way too early to say it's going to be a comfortable season. Could easily lose the next three for instance as has happened for last two seasons when playing the respective fixtures.

Fulham doing okay this season and we had no striker, so whatever. Wolves aren't completely awful either although still should have won.

Should never have lost to Luton though. That's the big one that has seen us still linger around the bottom rightfully so but I think there's a clear bottom 4 and I don't think we're in it at current.

Luton/Bournemouth/Sheffield/Burnley (No order).

We'll need to still pinch a few games from those in the top 10 or scrap a lot of draws from them to make up for some of the lower losses but I think we'll be okay this season if we continue in the direction we're heading.

How can not beating Sheffield United be seen as anything but a terrible result? Were leading that game and then got it back to 2-2 with still 40 odd minutes to play. They've lost every other prem game they've played so far.

As the months go on and away wins remain very hard to come by then it will be a massive two points dropped especially if either Burnley or Bournemouth go to Bramall Lane and win.

We will survive, comfortably. It will be a crap season, but it won't be full of the same drama as the last couple. Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton are the worst set of promoted sides I've seen in a long, long time.

And I know we're renowned for saying this early and the landscape changing. But what redeeming quality do any of these sides have? The only argument you could maybe make is for Burnley because of the age of their squad + Kompany. But nah. They're a blunt instrument and the league is too good to go toe-to-toe with teams.

There have been some moans about how there's no clear "patterns of play" but Dyche is obviously working on the fundamentals during the week because the squad is complete bereft of technical talent. It isn't pretty but it's absolutely necessary for where we are right now.

Burnley have a goalscorer, Lyle Foster who's scored 3 in first 6 prem games so that's something to cling onto. Also taken 4 points away so shows they can be resilient on the road.

Not good though to be 1 up v Chelsea and completely fold in a 20 minute spell so they need to sort out their style at home. I dunno I think they're a bigger danger than Bournemouth will be and could well go there and win in a few weeks.

Neither Luton or Sheffield will even get 20 points imo so they're no issue (other than when playing Burnley or Bournemouth).