Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, compared to the last couple of seasons when we ended up being dragged into relegation fights, this time around we are already there!
There's been sweet toss all on show from the team to suggest we can get out of this mess. The stench of doom and gloom, negativity added to the toxicity amongst the fans tells me we're already done for. That's even before the subject of the ownership of the club comes into play.
I've got everything crossed in the hope we get out of this mess and if we do, that achievement will be the equal of winning the league.

We need to bathe in the waters of relegation to wash away our sins.
I'd never wish relegation on a club like Everton, I've got a massive soft spot for you - a proper old school club still rooted firmly in your local community with a steadfastly loyal fanbase and your rivals are part of the Big 6 modern football cabal, but if...if you do go down it definitely won't be the end of days and as you say, it might give the club a new lease of life.

A chance to clear out the deadwood & hangers-on both on and off the pitch. Get yourself the best director of football you can find, recruit a manager with a vision and ambition and I guarantee the season he has you winning the Championship will give every Everton fan under the age of 45 the best season they will have ever experienced. And even for the older Everton fans, you'll have proper away days without all the half-half scarves, plastic day-trippers crap.

I'm a Brighton fan so no idea what it's like supporting a big club but I've met lots of Newcastle, West Ham and Villa fans who've all told me how cathartic they found it. It all comes down to the owners. They all had owners with a plan when they were in the Championship. Sunderland & Leeds languished in lower leagues for years for lack of one.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. I think you'll stay up. I hope so.

Hire dross like bentitez,lampard and dyche and this is what you get.
Exactly. I know I'm biased but take a look at how Brighton recruited after we could see the writing on the wall with Chris Hughton as manager and compare it with Crystal Palace. They went Pulis to Warnock to Pardew to Allardyce. They then recruited the more progressive Frank De Boer but they panicked after just 4 games, sacked him and then got Hodgson. When he left they once again went for a progressive coach, Vieira but once again they panicked, sacked him and got Hodgson back. The chairman clearly wants Palace to play a more progressive and ambitious style of football but he's too risk-averse to try it. I get the feeling that Everton's board are similar.

When Brighton brought in Potter, his first season was mediocre at best. We went 11 games without a win but the Board stuck by him and he came good. We were lucky in that respect but it's unusual for PL teams to have that much trust in their manager. If Everton get relegated then it would be the ideal time to appointing a progressive coach. The opposition will be weaker & the squad will by necessity be newer, younger & more open to new ideas.

I can't see ourselves Luton burnley sheff united getting more than 30 points this season painful times
Is that 30 points each or 30 points combined?

I reckon the bottom 3 this season could set a new record for the combined total points for 3 teams getting relegated. I don't know what the current lowest is but records could get shattered by 3 awful teams this season.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on lowest ever points score this season. All 3 promoted sides look so woeful, they could all end up with a single digit tally.

Burnley look out of their depth in the prem so our only hope is them along with Luton and Sheff Utd don’t string anything together. Could potentially be 4 teams below 30 points this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.