Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see much between the sides that will make up the bottom half of the table.

I always think Southampton will drop but every year they pull out some cracking wins and find safety relatively easily.

Hoping the promoted teams find it a lot tougher once the novelty wears off and we approach 10 games into the season.

I guess our early form last season teaches you not to read too much into things at this stage as lots of sides can be dragged into the mire.

My big worry is our next few games are pretty horrid and I fear we won't pick up many points.

Going to be another nervy season.

From the last few displays I think we'll do OK.

Thing is, points wise we're actually doing worse (3 points vs 4 last season) than the corresponding games last season. Plus throw in the wasted opportunity vs Forest. Obviously loads of variables but we do really need to kick on sooner rather than later.

Chelsea 21/22 - points h 3. 22/23 - h 0
Villa - 21/22 a 0 - 22/23 a 0
Brentford - 21/22 a 0 - 22/23 a 1
Leeds - 21/22 a 1 - 22/23 a 1
RS - 21/22 h 0 - 22/23 h 1

Thing is, points wise we're actually doing worse (3 points vs 4 last season) than the corresponding games last season. Plus throw in the wasted opportunity vs Forest. Obviously loads of variables but we do really need to kick on sooner rather than later.

Well if we look at Forest as the equivalent of say, Watford last season, then we’re a point up on that fixture.

There are lots of games where we can do better than last season. Getting draws away from home rather than losing would make a big difference. We lost far too many matches last season - I think it was over 20!!

I still think we will be down around the bottom for most of the season though. Yes we look much more competitive and I like what we are trying to do, but it is still very difficult to pull away from trouble when you can't find the net regularly.

I can't see much between the sides that will make up the bottom half of the table.

I always think Southampton will drop but every year they pull out some cracking wins and find safety relatively easily.

Hoping the promoted teams find it a lot tougher once the novelty wears off and we approach 10 games into the season.

I guess our early form last season teaches you not to read too much into things at this stage as lots of sides can be dragged into the mire.

My big worry is our next few games are pretty horrid and I fear we won't pick up many points.

Going to be another nervy season.
Early in the season is difficult to have a clear indication of the running order especially with the season starting so early and clubs doing business very late. Injuries and how teams react to bad runs (and all teams will have those) will dictate the running order and relegation places. If, and I know is a big if, we have dcl fit for the rest of the season we should be comfortably safe. Then you have the added unknown of the world cup...because the break is so long, for me is key that we don't find ourselves towards the bottom and possibly detached from the rest in November

…..10 games in is usually a good indicator of the section of the league a team will be in.

My famous minimum requirement of 20 points at Christmas is a true benchmark (might well be impacted by the World Cup this season), I think it was late February we hit that milestone last season.

Hoping Brighton implode now.
Feels like they're more likely to go down next season than this one. Their attack would have to cool off a lot for them to end up in the bottom three. They're on the same points with similar for/against numbers to what we had through six fixtures last season, and we still staggered over the finish line.

I can definitely see them churning two managers between now and the middle of next season, then going down with a third at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.