Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deirdre Calvert-Lewin will score 30 goals this coming season.

But, plot twist: All his goals will come as consolations or turning losses in to draws, therefore contributing nothing to our win count.

My prediction is 19th or possibly even 20th. This season has all the makings of a disaster:

- Top player sold - hard working, determined, passionate, attacking.

- No replacement for the player sold.

- No replacement for the dross that left - regardless of how poor they were, they were squad depth. Last season we struggled enough with depth.

- A defence that STILL isn't decided or settled. Disaster for both the GK to trust his defence and for the defence to understand each other.

- The worst midfield in the PL - Lack of options, lack of defensive stability, lack of attacking support.

- 1 striker who had a 3 month patch of goals and struggles with many attacking aspects - 1v1, outside the box etc.

- A backup striker who is a laughing stock in football. Most clubs have several strikers to choose from. We have the worst attack in the PL.

- A board who continually get involved and make terrible decisions. No plans over the years to bring young, hungry, eager players into the PL, instead opting for "stars" which has led to a lack of available funds for new signings.

- On the back of this, we're no longer an attractive option. Players are choosing the other club when there's options.

TLDR: We're in massive trouble.
I've joked about us being the new Lerner's Villa in the past, but I really do think that this terminal decline is eventually going to see us suddenly drop with some stupidly low points tally.

Only question is which ex-Arsenal player will take over from Sherwood (Lampard) and finally finish us off?

Thinking of launching an Atlas Shrugged-inspired line of T-shirts while we wait to find out:

'WHO IS REMI GARDE?'

It's clearly going to be bottom six season unless there's some incredible value for money signings made in August.

Roll of the dice especially as I can't see the start being anywhere close to points total team were on start of October (think it was about 14?) before everything started to predictably implode under FSW.

I won't quite go OTT as see what starts the three promoted teams and Leeds, Brentford and Southampton make themselves. That's going to be bottom 6-7 anyway. That cluster of games in August of Forest at home and then Brentford and Leeds away is already looking crucial and shows it's not a great idea to leave signings until August 31st.

Makes you sick reading that doesn't it, but it's all true.

I just can't see anything other than bottom of the league.

I'd still back team even in this state to win more home games than likes of Fulham and Bournemouth (Forest with fired up City Ground will probably be difficult away venue this season).

Not sure the away form will be that much better though. Even staying up the "improved" away form basically amounted to a wretched 0-0 at Watford and a very backs to the wall win at Leicester with a few things in favour (Myky wonder goal and playing them a few days after euro SF) so the pressure will continue to keep pulling out results at Goodison I suspect to stay above bottom 3.

Crowd were amazing end of last season but it's a completely different feel to making similar atmosphere in August and September.

Edit; Forgot Silva is Fulham manager. He's going to be very motivated for the two games this season that's for sure.

I still find the Moshiri comments absolutely staggering to be perfectly honest.

To open the season, we’ve got a side we typically do well against at home, Chelsea. You the follow that up with Villa, Forest, Brentford and Leeds and they’re all games where we can look at and take some form of points.

Now we find our selves staring down the barrel of deadline day panic signings and not capitalising on a very “generous” opening set of fixtures.

Rod for his own back, potential 5 games without reinforcements and I just don’t see a way back, I was generous and said 17th, but I think it’s easily our time to go.

I'd still back team even in this state to win more home games than likes of Fulham and Bournemouth (Forest with fired up City Ground will probably be difficult away venue this season).

Not sure the away form will be that much better though. Even staying up the "improved" away form basically amounted to a wretched 0-0 at Watford and a very backs to the wall win at Leicester with a few things in favour (Myky wonder goal and playing them a few days after euro SF) so the pressure will continue to keep pulling out results at Goodison I suspect to stay above bottom 3.

Crowd were amazing end of last season but it's a completely different feel to making similar atmosphere in August and September.

Edit; Forgot Silva is Fulham manager. He's going to be very motivated for the two games this season that's for sure.

I think away from home will be Walter Smith-esque this season.

Play for a draw and if we can try a few Smash and grabs.

Think we’ll see home form continue to struggle, the crowd can’t carry us every game.

I think you’ve got to look at the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest as the 4 around us. If Leeds don’t gel, then too. But we’re a Calvert Lewin injury away from chaos.

I think away from home will be Walter Smith-esque this season.

Play for a draw and if we can try a few Smash and grabs.

Think we’ll see home form continue to struggle, the crowd can’t carry us every game.

I think you’ve got to look at the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest as the 4 around us. If Leeds don’t gel, then too. But we’re a Calvert Lewin injury away from chaos.
Forest have bought well and Fulham are already a better side than us, I watched a lot of their games in the championship last season. Also every season in the last 5 we have finished below at least one of the promoted sides.
Be surprised if this ageing,injury prone everton side,now minus Richarlison, can stay up.

Forest have bought well and Fulham are already a better side than us, I watched a lot of their games in the championship last season. Also every season in the last 5 we have finished below at least one of the promoted sides.
Be surprised if this ageing,injury prone everton side,now minus Richarlison, can stay up.

Can’t disagree.

I am trying to be positive, but realistically I’m only seeing Bournemouth being worse than us.

Fulham in their last couple stints have smashed the Championship but faltered in the PL, they’ve not really strengthened well, particularly in getting an extra striker to provide goals when Mitrovic turns back into a cat after being a beast in the Championship

I've joked about us being the new Lerner's Villa in the past, but I really do think that this terminal decline is eventually going to see us suddenly drop with some stupidly low points tally.

Only question is which ex-Arsenal player will take over from Sherwood (Lampard) and finally finish us off?

Thinking of launching an Atlas Shrugged-inspired line of T-shirts while we wait to find out:

'WHO IS REMI GARDE?'
I've seen that comparison several times on villatalk, and I also think that your situation is like Sunderland's. Terrible recruitment will eventually lead to circling the drain and ultimately relegation. And financially can't be backed (not 100% sure on the ownership stuff with you and if its purely an FFP thing)

'WHO IS REMI GARDE?'
Only for the very early and very later part of last season, we almost achieved such a stupid tally last season. We wont have the new manager bounce we appear to have had at the start and end of last season this time around. We can neither afford to fire another manager nor is there any point with the limited squad potential we have.

In summary, the prognosis for 22/23 is very grim indeed.

Won't know who the league's bottom 3 teams are till around 10 games in but one of the 3 will probably be Everton if we don't fix the midfield issue and replace Richarlison. Farhad is a joke of an owner and hasn't spent any real money now for what 2 seasons and now that the club has divested from Usmanov and his shadow fortune we'll be sold for spare parts and a half built stadium by Tusken Raiders on Tatooine.

Just not true.
Fulham are not a better side and we have no idea how the dozen signings made by Forest will work.... my feeling is that it is far too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.