Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't and don't disagree with any of this. We don't score goals and struggle to keep them out which is a recipe for disaster.

We are relying, more so than last season, that there are three worse teams than us. As it stands, I really don't think there are.

This is year there’s not. Only Bournemouth and maybe Fulham (but I look at their squad and think it’s better and hungrier). We are comfortably one of the 3 worst teams in the league. Going to need the injury gods to be kind and for Pickford to produce miracles.

Scary this when you think about it. We were in the mess we were in last season due to the loss of Sigurdsson, Digne and James' goals and creativity. With Richy gone on top of this it's going to be much worse. We scored 43 goals last season and Richarlison was responsible for 15 of those so at this rate we're on to score 28 goals unless we do something in the market. We've 16 days to get a creative number 10 and a double figure winger at the very least to avoid a relegation battle.
The numbers may not be wrong, but it excludes a what a fit DCL being available/playing all season might bring. I know he's no Lewandowski but if we play to his strengths the ~15 goals he might bag us could make all the difference when it comes to turning ~10 draws into wins or losses into draws.

I dont see Leicester being in trouble and think Southampton will be ok but agree with the rest if they dont buy. I think it all depends on injuries and the supply to DCL. Think this will definately be his last season though
Mate: Whatever the question DCL is not the answer.

My mate works at finch farm and theyve had a shed load of brown enevelopes delivered recently

All we need is a cash van and operation bribe the groundsman is full go

I just tried imagining that moment if it ever was to happen…
I don’t think I’d initially get angry, it would be more like being stunned and empty inside, then questioning why I’m feeling stunned as we have been heading that way because of those at the top who should be nowhere near a football club.

That’s when I think the anger would set in.

The numbers may not be wrong, but it excludes a what a fit DCL being available/playing all season might bring. I know he's no Lewandowski but if we play to his strengths the ~15 goals he might bag us could make all the difference when it comes to turning ~10 draws into wins or losses into draws.
Well DCL was responsible for 7 goals himself last season so if you take those away from the 28 goals and add his best ever tally of 16 on to that we'd still only have 35 goals mate (Watford and Burnley went down with 34 GF) and tbh I don't even think DCL will hit those numbers again with us because he had an inform Digne and James' feeding him with creativity plus Richy's input that we now don't have. But even if he did hit those numbers we'd still be in big trouble. We need to add about 20+ goals from somewhere to this squad and to we need to concede about 10 less on last season at least and I'm not sure if we can do that on a budget

Well DCL was responsible for 7 goals himself last season so if you take those away from the 28 goals and add his best ever tally of 16 on to that we'd still only have 35 goals mate (Watford and Burnley went down with 34 GF) and tbh I don't even think DCL will hit those numbers again with us because he had an inform Digne and James' feeding him with creativity plus Richy's input that we now don't have. But even if he did hit those numbers we'd still be in big trouble. We need to add about 20+ goals from somewhere to this squad and to we need to concede about 10 less on last season at least and I'm not sure if we can do that on a budget
Very good points mate, I have to agree.

Only problem now is I can’t find where the Misses has hid the Prozac

we absolutely need for goals, for sure; but I'd happily take DCL bagging a dozen game-deciding goals more than he was available to maybe get last season.

we absolutely need for goals, for sure; but I'd happily take DCL bagging a dozen game-deciding goals more than he was available to maybe get last season.
It wouldn't help is my point though as it still wouldn't be enough goals. He'd need to score 25 goals to give us a good chance at staying away from the relegation spots and it'd still be a tough season. We need 2 players who can provide 20 goals on top of whatever DCLs output is.

Status
Not open for further replies.