Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on when he gets those points. I would suggest it’s easier to get them towards the end of the season when desperation sets in.

Has been the case for us for the last god knows how many years anyway
Only way we find out is over the course of 38 games next season. Id be happy with 45 points as a sign of progression. Its not where we want to be but we need to walk before we can run again

We got up off the canvass yesterday, now we start to fight back... hopefully

Enjoyed that all the fans of other clubs were desperate to see us relegated. They call us irrelevant but hate us staying up.
Quite bemused by how much 'hatred' there was towards us and put it down to sky 6 attitude because it mostly comes from no mark teams.
We are a true 'sleeping giant' and the fact that hasn't been promoted or marketed properly is testament to the mismanagement that has took us to where we are.

Just a few matches that made the difference to us staying up , or being relegated imo. Of course the win at Brighton . Where did that performance come from? The win over highflying Arsenal , in Dyches first match. Perfect time for the new manager bounce. And that Seamus Coleman goal in the win over Leeds utd. All matches that helped keep us up. Although tbh , every point was valuable.
Results that I though , that that was it .
The two defeats to Bournemouth . Lampard should have gone then. And the 4-1 defeat to Newcastle. And especially the 3-1 defeat to Fulham. I really thought that we were goners at that point. So full credit to Dyche and these players for our little rally at the end of the season. Two decent wins , and two away draws. Forget about losing to Man City . That is what it is .
So there we all are . We go again next season. We all know what we want to see happen. We all know the areas that need strengthening. Dyche will know also. And let’s hope that DCL and Patterson can stay fit. And is there any chance that Mina can also stay fit , and get another year. Or is he gone?
Anyhow , some punters knocking the idea of Dyche just getting 44 points next season. Would have took that this season. But let’s just look at that tally as a starting point. Get 40pts , then see what happens.
Last wee comment . And maybe I’m jumping the gun , but how about a decent cup run , next season.. Why not. Up the Toffees.

Brilliant. Made me a bit teary eyed that, especially the end where he says our last season at Goodison.
It’s not a historical Everton moment if there aren’t crutches being waved around dangerously in the crowd.

Quite happy with the media narrative today that the club needs to make massive changes because “a team like Everton” shouldn’t be going through this. If we’d have gone down, blues would have said it was fully deserved, and yet we are painted as an entitled fanbase? Make your minds up. We just confuse everybody. They couldn’t cope with the chaos.

Put this together quickly this morning, for anyone who wants to watch the goals from the season in one video. Made it mostly for my dad as he'll struggle to go from video to video on youtube.

Just a few matches that made the difference to us staying up , or being relegated imo. Of course the win at Brighton . Where did that performance come from? The win over highflying Arsenal , in Dyches first match. Perfect time for the new manager bounce. And that Seamus Coleman goal in the win over Leeds utd. All matches that helped keep us up. Although tbh , every point was valuable.
Results that I though , that that was it .
The two defeats to Bournemouth . Lampard should have gone then. And the 4-1 defeat to Newcastle. And especially the 3-1 defeat to Fulham. I really thought that we were goners at that point. So full credit to Dyche and these players for our little rally at the end of the season. Two decent wins , and two away draws. Forget about losing to Man City . That is what it is .
So there we all are . We go again next season. We all know what we want to see happen. We all know the areas that need strengthening. Dyche will know also. And let’s hope that DCL and Patterson can stay fit. And is there any chance that Mina can also stay fit , and get another year. Or is he gone?
Anyhow , some punters knocking the idea of Dyche just getting 44 points next season. Would have took that this season. But let’s just look at that tally as a starting point. Get 40pts , then see what happens.
Last wee comment . And maybe I’m jumping the gun , but how about a decent cup run , next season.. Why not. Up the Toffees.
Lampard would have relegated Chelsea if there were more games to be played - on yesterday we had the hardest fixture ,because Bournemouth looked more than up for it - Time wasting early on - kicking the hell out of us - & a ref who was blind to it all we may have had 2 pens - plus Solanke should have seen red for his assault on Pickford on the goal-line - plus he gave them every little niggle of a foul - we got very little of him - I would bet Bournemouth were on an incentive to stop us winning that game the way they played - they were not on the beach .....

Status
Not open for further replies.