Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn’t be the plan, that’d be the safety net. We don’t have that safety net now. That’s why this result was a disaster.

Had 37 games for a safety net and never got one.

Now it's easy. Win and we stay up. No ifs or buts.

Should give every player the motivation to play like it's their last ever game. The idea of a "draw may do" is more dangerous

I've studied the history books and Bournemouth have never beat a Sean Dyche Everton side at Goodison on a Sunday in May. The stats are on our side.

Biased. We’ve also never beaten them with those variables either.

• Unsure
Reactions: SJB
Leicester have massively gambled by playing for a point. In recent games they’ve just folded when conceding first. They’re going to have to go at West Ham on Sunday which leaves more space exposing their defenders and look like they’ll be out 2 of their better players in Ndidi and Evans.

I get the pessimism from some on here after a tortuous 2 seasons, but let’s not pretend that Leicester have suddenly turned into Manchester City. It will be tense on Sunday but I’d much rather be starting in our position.

Let’s be honest, we’ve been utterly dreadful this season and it’s a miracle we’re going into the final game with our future in our hands.

Yes Bournemouth always seem to slap us, but they’re an average side at best and we’ve got it all to play for with a packed Goodison behind the lads. As others have quite rightly said, if we don’t win, we don’t deserve to stay up.

Everton have no luck, even by proxy through some other team.

Our players are either going to crumble under the immense pressure or seize the day.

If they don't do the latter, then we are doomed!

It's the hope that kills you!
I disagree. To be out of the relegation zone after our season with 33 points and our future in our own hands with one game to go is as lucky as it gets. We just need to make sure we don't rely on luck on Sunday. Focus, take our chances, win.

Status
Not open for further replies.