Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds lost Bamford and Rodrigo today.

Wouldn't like the sound of this from your manager if I was a Leeds player or fan:

“"If both are missing, it is a big ask. Fact," he said. "I can't hide that. I might have to play a completely different system."

"When it was only 1-0 after 15 minutes, after we had played so well, given we have struggled to keep a clean sheet for a long period of time, I knew it was going to be hard," said Allardyce.

"Our quality at both ends is what we lack, to defend better and create more opportunities. Those two critical areas are particularly disappointing for us and when you are looking for your substitutes to make a difference, none of them did."
Strange to pick on the guys who are likely to come in if Rodrigo and Bamford come in, maybe he thinks he'l get a response from them that way but I'm not sure that works so well with the modern footballer.

The 35 million they spent on Rutter in January is one of the strangest bits of business all season (other than maybe Maupay)- they've spent a packet on him and he doesn't even appear to come into consideration.

Newcastle seem to have a bit of an injury crisis tomorrow. Longstaff, bruno, joelinton and trippier big doubts.

Anthony Gordon is going to bloody start isn’t he…

we can’t have that attitude tho mate
True, and I’m sure they won’t but it’s nice to be in that position when the games kick off. Hopefully Richarlison will help us out and Kane can’t fail to score on his last Spurs appearance so that will leave a Leeds without Bamford and Rodrigo needing to score 4 😁 piece of p1ss

Oh I know mate.

Im just not trying to sound like an over the top tosser. Some of these players have lasted 4-5 managers now, at what point do you stop blaming managers and blame the players?

I didn’t go on the pitch last year and I won’t be doing it this time if we do escape. The club will use any excuse to glorify failure.
In recent years weve had
Koeman
Silva
Allardyce
Ancelotti
Benitez
Lampard
Dyche

Honestly all different manager styles with different players and yet when i watch us play its exactly the same regardless whos been in charge.
Dull slow dithering football that reverts to hoofball after 10 passes around the back 4.

For me its the culture at the club that's the biggest issue and its driven from the top.

Strange to pick on the guys who are likely to come in if Rodrigo and Bamford come in, maybe he thinks he'l get a response from them that way but I'm not sure that works so well with the modern footballer.

The 35 million they spent on Rutter in January is one of the strangest bits of business all season (other than maybe Maupay)- they've spent a packet on him and he doesn't even appear to come into consideration.

I just don’t see the logic in him saying his team is rubbish mate. He only has to get them motivated for one game or even get the fans on board and make E.R. a bear pit - he’s basically telling the players and fans here - that their rubbish and what do you want me to do about it.

As for their recruitment - they have some good players, but like us are just so unbalanced - their defence is woeful, they’ve conceded 74 goals this season, even if they went out and brought in someone like Craig Dawson or Shane Duffy in Jan - would really have made a huge difference for them. A lot of teams spent big in Jan and did/could go down - Southampton spent hugely by their standards and as you say Leeds too.

500k for three games for Sam, unreal, that’s like something we’d do.

Cant agree mate, if we stay up it's because three teams managed to be somehow worse than we are.
Very much thinking what I was thinking......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230521-222110.png
    Screenshot_20230521-222110.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 175
In recent years weve had
Koeman
Silva
Allardyce
Ancelotti
Benitez
Lampard
Dyche

Honestly all different manager styles with different players and yet when i watch us play its exactly the same regardless whos been in charge.
Dull slow dithering football that reverts to hoofball after 10 passes around the back 4.

For me its the culture at the club that's the biggest issue and its driven from the top.
Yeah there is something seriously rotten there. The recruitment has been awful. Bang average players on inflated salaries. And then we get the horror show of the January window where we don’t get a striker. It’s total mismanagement at board and executive level that has led us to this.

I just don’t see the logic in him saying his team is rubbish mate. He only has to get them motivated for one game or even get the fans on board and make E.R. a bear pit - he’s basically telling the players and fans here - that their rubbish and what do you want me to do about it.

As for their recruitment - they have some good players, but like us are just so unbalanced - their defence is woeful, they’ve conceded 74 goals this season, even if they went out and brought in someone like Craig Dawson or Shane Duffy in Jan - would really have made a huge difference for them. A lot of teams spent big in Jan and did/could go down - Southampton spent hugely by their standards and as you say Leeds too.

500k for three games for Sam, unreal, that’s like something we’d do.
150grand a week dosent seem that obscene in this day and age tbh

Stinky feeling Newcastle will throw it tomorrow
They can’t really if they lose anything can happen last day. Liverpool could smash Southampton and finish top 4. I think even tho it’s very likely anyway. they will want to get top 4 done and dusted at home tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.