Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW

IMO...assuming Leicester dont beat Liverpool...final day positions before KO:

Forest 34 pts
Everton 33 pts
Leeds 32 pts
Leicester 30 pts
(R) S'ton 24 pts

No team safe but all in the mix with GD working against some teams but not others.

TBF, I think it was always coming down to the final day once we got this close to the season's end.

Yes, there is no way it doesn’t come down to the final day in my opinion, and I still suspect one team goes down on goal difference.

Wolves have had nothing to play for in over a month and have still beaten Chelsea, Villa, Brentford and Palace at home. They are on a 4 match winning run at home (which hopefully, we end!)

West Ham is definitely the easier game.

I’m pretty sure they had something to play for when they had 28pts(before the Chelsea win) and 31pts(before Brentford win). Comparing that stage to now is stupid at best.

Paddy power has us favourites to stay up
It's obviously down to opposition still to play. We have an easier last two overall than the others.

We just need another brave performance like the Brighton game and we can get over the line.

That's all this will take. Just one final push to grab 3 points in the two most favourable games we've had since Fulham at home.

Two bites of the cherry to end this well.

It's obviously down to opposition still to play. We have an easier last two overall than the others.

We just need another brave performance like the Brighton game and we can get over the line.

That's all this will take. Just one final push to grab 3 points in the two most favourable games we've had since Fulham at home.

That went well.

We play Bournemouth once. (cherries)

Yep. The main issue today for me was not the loss but the injury to DCL and to a lesser extent mykolenko.

With Coleman out, and Godfrey (who is a more passable lb than rb) leaves us very short.

If we had that team against Brighton out next two games I’d be confident…as it is, I think we might need a minor miracle. We are just so much poorer with certain players out.

With options limited I think Keane will come back in v wolves and we go 3 5 2.

Pickford
Patterson Keane Mina tark McNeill
Iwobi gana garner
Doucoure
DCL(grey if not fit)

Hope it’s enough.

Just keep Holgate away from the team……

Bournemouth are no pushover lad

I'm not comfortable with this "they've got nothing to play for" talk

They're professionals. They have their careers to play for.

Bournemouth are no pushover lad

I'm not comfortable with this "they've got nothing to play for" talk

They're professionals. They have their careers to play for.
I have never said it will be. In fact, I've been saying for a while that they are better than us and it will need a massive performance to beat them, regardless of how poor their last two results have been.

Wolves have had nothing to play for in over a month and have still beaten Chelsea, Villa, Brentford and Palace at home. They are on a 4 match winning run at home (which hopefully, we end!)

West Ham is definitely the easier game.

They defiantly did have something to play before those fixtures. They are currently on 40 points. It’s those wins which have got them safe.

Also, wasn’t it wolves who got beat 6-0 away at Brighton a few weeks ago?

I’m not saying they are absolute rubbish or that we will beat them. Just saying let’s have a bit of perspective

The final 9 games relevant to this relegation struggle: none of us play any team lower than us in the league.

I know that's on paper and stuff happens to confound league placings, but there wont be that much deviation. We all face clubs better than us and I expect the remaining 9 fixtures to largely reflect that, in terms of lack of wins at any rate.

One more win for us out of the final two games and I think we'll be really unfortunate to go down.

If we show half the spirt we showed against Brighton and Leicester we get it.

As long as Leicester dont win tomorrow I'm leaning toward us.

They defiantly did have something to play before those fixtures. They are currently on 40 points. It’s those wins which have got them safe.

Also, wasn’t it wolves who got beat 6-0 away at Brighton a few weeks ago?

I’m not saying they are absolute rubbish or that we will beat them. Just saying let’s have a bit of perspective
I think pointing out they've lost 1 of their last 6 at home and beaten Spurs, Chelsea, Brentford, Palace and Villa without conceding a goal is a bit of perspective.

Updated predictions :

Everton
Wolves d
Bournemouth d

Leeds
West Ham d
Spurs w

Leicester
Liverpool l
Newcastle l
West Ham w

Forest
Arsenal d
Palace d
Leeds beat spurs...LOL....is this a list of random results based on mystery guess work or dreams during episodes of bed wetting to ensure Everton end up with less points than the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.