Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think if they lose v Man Utd and Liverpool win midweek they're going to be about 6 or 7 points off Europe. Let's hope they are flat.

Why would they be flat, 6th place qualifies for europa league aswell and they're two points off that going into Man. United game so what RS does matters little to them.

Brighton are a very very good team these days. Not unbeatable but got so much quality in final third and press incredibly well with Caciedo. Only weakness is CF but Evan Ferguson may be back and he had a stormer at Goodison.

I've written off the next two. I hope I'm wrong but to me these games are all about GD preservation when we've seen what's happened to Leeds in last 4-5 games. Brighton scored four at Goodison and they could easily do the same again.

After Thursday's capitulation, that improved performance tonight gives encouragement that we could maybe snatch a point against either Brighton or City, or maybe both. It could make all the difference.

We would still need at least 4 points from Wolves and Bournemouth as well. I've felt all along it will go to the last game and we will have to win it to stay up. Faced with that scenario, I think we would. That depends on others losing as well of course.

The other teams, and seemingly half this forum, have written us off getting a single point in the next two games. Anything we get therefore is a bonus. Imagine we come away with 2 points there or a surprise win? Would put us in a good position.

We right in the relegation fight, we didn’t go under tonight when we could have, we fought back, and there’s still 12 points to play for.
Last two away games we've shown our mettle. I think maybe the team are preferring it at the moment.

Brighton is not a write off for me. I'll be hopeful we can get a draw at least.

City is fascinating with that CL SF 2nd leg a few days later.

Pep desperately wants it. Ok, it's a tough ask against City right now, but those circumstances make it not exactly a slam dunk for them. We held them at the Etihad and we should have got a draw last season at Goodison. There's no way I'm writing that game off. Get a goal up and start making them get into 50-50s and see if they fancy that.

The upcoming Forest game with S'ton maybe holds the key. Lose or draw that and they wont win another and we can get past them. Leeds wont win again either IMO.

A couple of draws and a win gets us safe. It could well be a draw and a win does.

That was a fantastic away point tonight. It gives us more than a chance.

We just need to keep pressing for wins. Do that and we'll get one and maybe a couple of draws...or even 2 wins.

Not getting beat tonight was enormous.
The point was ok but I was more than heartened with the performance which sets the standard now (apart from Iwobis god awful passing)

Why would they be flat, 6th place qualifies for europa league aswell and they're two points off that going into Man. United game so what RS does matters little to them.

Brighton are a very very good team these days. Not unbeatable but got so much quality in final third and press incredibly well with Caciedo. Only weakness is CF but Evan Ferguson may be back and he had a stormer at Goodison.

I've written off the next two. I hope I'm wrong but to me these games are all about GD preservation when we've seen what's happened to Leeds in last 4-5 games. Brighton scored four at Goodison and they could easily do the same again.

Well they could be five points off Europe going into our game.
I was only making a point. Thanks for the lesson.

The upcoming Forest game with S'ton maybe holds the key. Lose or draw that and they wont win another and we can get past them. Leeds wont win again either IMO.

A couple of draws and a win gets us safe. It could well be a draw and a win does.

That was a fantastic away point tonight. It gives us more than a chance.

We just need to keep pressing for wins. Do that and we'll get one and maybe a couple of draws...or even 2 wins.

Not getting beat tonight was enormous.
I think that was a great point tonight, and we were so unlucky overall not to win considering some were acting as though we were playing Barcelona before ko, and seen some on here say Leicester fans were predicting 3-0s/4-0s which i would be surprised at if that was actually true - next monday will be chaos though with Fulham v Leicester at 3, us 5.30, and Forest v Saints at 8 - we need help from saints that game i would say -plus Leeds should be battered saturday at City, i am sticking to what ive said for weeks that we will just stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.