Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds fixtures are horrendous, after Forest play Southampton there's are horrendous, and I think Southampton could best them leaving them in a perilous position.

That being said Southamptons and Leicester are pretty rough too. I think ours have some winnable games in it, but the problem is we have been chronically poor. I come out of Goodison against Newcastle thinking we wouldn't get another point this year. Just hope I'm wrong!
Forest go to frank lampards chelsea mate - nothing horrendous about that fixture.

Probably a bad thing if they sack him. Always the risk of a bounce and any win at all now is priceless. They may feel they have nothing to lose.
Agreed, still mad that they are even thinking of sacking him like, even though he has been awful.

Fair play to them for listening to chairman bill and following the what would Everton do playbook.

Just a reminder that we're playing Leicester City, not Barcelona or Real Madrid tonight.
That's the Leicester City that have conceded in their last 18-19 games and who are in the same lowly position as us. Home advantage can quickly turn sour when you expect to win easily but don't make a break-through in the first 20-30 minutes, the home crowd turn on the players in frustration and the players feel the pressure ramped up. Mistakes start to be made, the pressure gets heavier.
We have to go there and start like we did against Newcastle. Take the game to them.
DCL to make up for missing so many games tonight.

Hickey is showing exactly what we missed out on - and for half the cost.

He was the latest RB off the SPL production line not the dud Everton bought.
He is also playing tho, albeit at a better managed team which always helps.

Until Patterson gets a proper lasting run In the team, I'm not writing him off. ( Especially just for the fact he played for Rangers )

It’s a difficult situation we are all in, I am sure the other teams are also thinking the same, you want to twist because 3 points is huge but sticking at least will potentially add a point to the board, I just think there is a point difference between drawing and losing, where we don’t really make up any ground taking the last week into account (not just this weekend), but with a win, the difference is huge. I think Dyche will go safety first which is probably the only way this team can play - they are not a front foot football team.
Were certainly not front foot, be hanging on all game hoping to nick something from a set piece.

One thing is, if we win tonight then it's in our own hands, drawing although not over would mean us hoping forest & Leeds drop enough points

I'm not saying we're unlucky, but if we fell into a barrel of tits we'd come up sucking our own thumbs.

BO5O6QbCIAAnqHv
Not saying we are unlucky but if we went to a funeral we’d catch the wreath

The difficulty I have with a draw, is that we will be a week further on, one game less and will be two points worse than Forest from this time last week, 1 point worse than Leicester, and we will have restored parity with Leeds. This, with having four games to play of which two are away and one of the two home games vs City. It doesn’t feel enough progress for me.
We need a win tonight. No doubt.

It was the same tired old cliche used to justify Benitez’s appointment “he will make us hard to beat though lad.”

Bit worrying though isn’t it when Koeman Silva Allardyce Benitez and Dyche can’t sort a decent defence out. These managers made their names in organising defences.

It took probably the greatest manager of all time to get this lot playing passably and even then he had to sack off the fullbacks to do it and it lasted about 4 months.

At what point do we just conclude that the defenders are crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.