Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickening to see some of the no mark clubs above us.
They’re just run better. Let’s face it, the Premier league isn’t actually very good. So if you are run ok, and have half decent recruitment, you will be just fine. 10th-13th should be the absolute floor for a club with the resources and stature of Everton. Just puts into sharper focus just how badly run we are, and how much danger we are actually in of becoming another Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.

It’s so hard to predict any results at this stage of the season.

I reckon you could get teams like Brighton who have been playing at a very high level dropping off a little after today’s defeat.

I also think there will be a team down in trouble as well that will string a couple of wins in a row and get out of trouble. Be nice if that was us…

The Leicester game is shaping up to be enormous for us, we win there and it sets us up perfectly…

I think that's in us.

That draw was underestimated yesterday. Not our best team going there and neutralising a team in great form.

If we work like that in the remainder of games and get a goal or even two in 4 or 5 of them we'll get home - just.
It’s tight. Really tight.

Do you think this group is capable of playing to the levels you are proposing consistently as the games run out and the pressure rises?

That’s a genuine question by the way,not an accusation or a dig at your postulations 👍

I was disgusted by the lack of fire in that Fulham game give what was at stake (only 3 points, but one of our most likely 3 points against a team bang out of form). But then again, we finished the Spurs and Chelsea games begging for a couple more minutes injury time and most likely to nick it. Coleman, as much as don’t think is a vocal enough captain, possibly the difference, leading by example.

Do you think this group is capable of playing to the levels you are proposing consistently as the games run out and the pressure rises?

That’s a genuine question by the way,not an accusation or a dig at your postulations 👍

I was disgusted by the lack of fire in that Fulham game give what was at stake (only 3 points, but one of our most likely 3 points against a team bang out of form). But then again, we finished the Spurs and Chelsea games begging for a couple more minutes injury time and most likely to nick it. Coleman, as much as don’t think is a vocal enough captain, possibly the difference, leading by example.
Yes. We have last season's experience of it.

They’re just run better. Let’s face it, the Premier league isn’t actually very good. So if you are run ok, and have half decent recruitment, you will be just fine. 10th-13th should be the absolute floor for a club with the resources and stature of Everton. Just puts into sharper focus just how badly run we are, and how much danger we are actually in of becoming another Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.

I don’t think the club has ever adapted to the Premier League or moved with the times. It’s been a long regression , that’s a culture problem.

I know some will disagree , no problem with that, with the European ban, we never dealt with it, never got on with it long term . Players and managers left. If you look at the 1992/93 season it was already starting to decay, if it wasn’t for the likes of Peter Beardsley a last day relegation fight would of arrived sooner. The following season it did against Wimbledon.

If you look at the clubs motto, it’s rarely ever adhered to.

I do admire your optimism Dave, it is extremely refreshing. However, we also have the experience of Richy firing on all cylinders, which we don’t have this season. DCL also has legs made of cheese strings. Where are the results going to come from?

I’m just hoping the Gueye,Onana,Doucoure triumvirate plus Calvert Lewin can really step up to the plate now,also we really need our captain back in the side,mad to say it a 34 year old who has had his injuries and should be taking a back seat,but there you go!!!

Possibly, yes. Said it the other week, some of them look like they are waiting for someone to fall in behind and follow a la Ritchy. Won’t be Gray that’s for sure.

If McNeill scores against Newcastle, someone needs to land a lit flare right in his path as he wheels away. Need a hero, and not sure who is going to step forward.

The mystery of Dom’s availability has been frustrating, but I’m surprised and heartened by his sudden social media postings aimed directly at the fanbase; hopefully indicates he’s well up for the responsibility.

Who thinks that results in this Premier League can be accurately predicted?

I'd say it will be three of Leeds, Leicester, Everton and Forest.

But I'd also say there will be surprise results.

It’s so hard to predict any results at this stage of the season.

I reckon you could get teams like Brighton who have been playing at a very high level dropping off a little after today’s defeat.

I also think there will be a team down in trouble as well that will string a couple of wins in a row and get out of trouble. Be nice if that was us…

The Leicester game is shaping up to be enormous for us, we win there and it sets us up perfectly…
We are not winning at Leicester ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.