Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know thats a huge issue that isn't going away between now and the end of the season, but leeds, leicester, forest, Bournemouth and soton are also poor teams by prem standards with varying issues and different reasons for being down there. We are still very much in this fight
Totally agree… but the goals are why people worry.
I expect us to stay up, but (unlike last season) more by luck than anything else. We’re just as bad as them. But it’s just as important to remember how awful they are too.

Theory will be an unmotivated West Ham with a European final on the horizon
Or players pushing hard to get a starting slot in said final making West Ham play better than they have all season.

So many billions of impossible to reconcile factors to consider, even before considering VAR errors and just blind luck. Michael Keane’s 25 yard thunderbolt is all the proof needed that literally anything can happen. Holgate’s sending off is unfortunately proof that the most likely outcome is usually what happens.

Thanks Rafael, easy for him to say with a far easier job from an undroppable position with his teachers pet status,in a statement that achieves nothing when we need togetherness.
It just meant step up to the plate and create something you looking into it too much that's all it was bloody ell maupy and co are grim they need telling.teachers pet really

Leeds will do well to get anything at West Ham unless it's a few days after second leg of their european game? I remember Burnley playing West Ham in the run in last season and they were as flat as anything first half. Leeds however are a very poor team at present so hard to see them doing anything away but sitting back and playing for a 0-0.

What worries me more is Spurs at home on the final day. Spurs "fighting" for 7th aren't going to do anything but meekly give up if they go a goal down I'm afraid.

Let's see what happens first in Leeds-Leicester. Winner of that is in a very good place to stay up with still 5 games left.

I think Leeds (29 points/-21 goal difference) and Bournemouth (33 points/-32 goal difference) are going to get sucked in.

Leicester (28points/-13 goal difference) have it in their hands a bit more than us but two big games next.

Also keep an eye on West Ham (34 points/-8 goal difference) have a tough next 4 v Liverpool, Palace, City and Man United and Wolves, 5 points ahead but United, Arsenal, Brighton plus Villa.

If we can grab 4/6 points in our next two v Newcastle and Leicester. I think we will secure safety faster than last year but 36/37 points could do it.

For me:

18th - Leeds
19th - Forest
20th - Southampton

Leeds will do well to get anything at West Ham unless it's a few days after second leg of their european game? I remember Burnley playing West Ham in the run in last season and they were as flat as anything first half. Leeds however are a very poor team at present so hard to see them doing anything away but sitting back and playing for a 0-0.

What worries me more is Spurs at home on the final day. Spurs "fighting" for 7th aren't going to do anything but meekly give up if they go a goal down I'm afraid.

Let's see what happens first in Leeds-Leicester. Winner of that is in a very good place to stay up with still 5 games left.
Mate we play Bournemouth on the last day

I think Leeds (29 points/-21 goal difference) and Bournemouth (33 points/-32 goal difference) are going to get sucked in.

Leicester (28points/-13 goal difference) have it in their hands a bit more than us but two big games next.

Also keep an eye on West Ham (34 points/-8 goal difference) have a tough next 4 v Liverpool, Palace, City and Man United and Wolves, 5 points ahead but United, Arsenal, Brighton plus Villa.

If we can grab 4/6 points in our next two v Newcastle and Leicester. I think we will secure safety faster than last year but 36/37 points could do it.

For me:

18th - Leeds
19th - Forest
20th - Southampton
Hope so

Looking at it, our fixtures are very similar to Leeds in run in:

Both got Newcastle h
Both got City
Both got Bournemouth
Both got Leicester
Both got bottom half team away second to last game (we have Wolves, they have West Ham)

West Ham may be playing their b team as they will focus on Europe.

I think it’s pretty obvious that it’s similar to last season in that we are going to have to get a win which is out the blue. Whether we can do it is a different issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.