Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only hope we have is the current bottom team not picking up points…making that Leicester match a decider. And I can’t see us winning that. I want to be wrong

To much bed wetting today.
The match was dire and we looked awful.
But we did the same against a relegation rival Burnley last season and look where we ended up.
Im not optimistic but i dont think we are desd and buried yet. Still points to be had and equally dreadful teams around us who are shot of confidence.
They sucked last year but managed 43 goals. This year they are on pace to score 30. You won't survive with only 30 goals. And you don't deserve to survive.

What do we all reckon it’ll be like when it’s confirmed? I would normally expect pitch invasions to confront the players, verbal altercations with the board (if they dare to show their faces again) etc. However, I do feel there’s now a sense of apathy and almost resignation to our fate. Goodison just sounded so flat yesterday, I don’t think any of us are up for the fight like we were last season.

I sensed some resignation yesterday too. Years of disillusionment and plain fatigue can eventually create apathy. None of which has been helped by the failing hierarchy and the growing financial mess coming to a head. A fanbase can roar itself hoarse every week, but if the club lacks good leadership and that quality just isn't on the pitch, the effect will only be minimal.
In the past the fans have always risen to the occasion when it mattered, I hope they can do it again over the next few weeks...... that minimal effect might be all we've got.

I'm waiting at an airport so got all sorts of time on my hands here...

We need Leicester and Forest to lose five more games, and also hope that Leeds utterly collapse to join the fight they currently have a two point advantage on.

We have no goals in us and for some really, really strange reason our only possibly source of goals, despite having been in full training for weeks, isn't being included in the match day squads.

He was "touch and go" for the Liverpool game two months ago and I can't remember being told of any major setbacks in his recovery. Very peculiar from Dyche to be so cryptic as if people aren't aware DCL returning and instantly scoring goals is our only hope of survival.

All of Wolves, Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham for me are, sadly, easily safe now as there isn't a chance they'll not pick up a handful of points from here, which is literally all they'll need. So much for a bottom half dogfight. It's now two from four to join Southampton.

Leicester fixtures:
Wolves h, Leeds a, Everton h, Fulham a, Liverpool h, Newcastle a, West Ham h.
- New manager, didn't get thumped by City, and on paper the best squad amongst those fighting the drop. I've put three home victories, but hopefully they take no more than 5-7 points instead from those three, and perhaps a lucky draw against Fulham. Maximum 10 points, but hoping for Wolves to do us a favour, take a draw, and them to get 8 more only.

Prediction: Leicester end on 33 points and a better GD than Everton.

Leeds fixtures:
Liverpool h, Fulham a, Leicester h, Bournemouth a, Man City a, Newcastle h, West Ham a, Spurs h.
- Two games I can see them winning here, with the potential of digging out a win against one of Bournemouth/West Ham in there too, or 4 points from those two games. Absolute maximum return of 10 points for me, hopefully more like 7-8.

Prediction: Leeds end on 37 points and a better GD than Everton.

Forest fixtures:
United h, Liverpool a, Brighton h, Brentford a, Southampton h, Chelsea a, Arsenal h, Palace a.
- Going to say an absolute minimum of 3 points, possibly spawn another win and two unexpected draws if they really fight for it. No more than 7 more points as that run in is as tough as it gets.

Prediction: Forest end on 33 points and a better GD than Everton.

--

Obviously all of the above is utter guesswork, but I don't feel it'll be too far off. Leeds will be safe with 2--3 games to go imo, and Forest will enter the final day needing a win, plus Leicester and Everton defeats to stay up.

Everton for me should target 34 points. A point a game is enough, but we're comfortably below that and no indication at all that our form or return will improve.

Three victories will do it, but when you've had six in 31 games, you can't go expecting three in seven games.

That Leicester game is absolutely huge now, but I just don't see it. We don't win away, simple as that, and especially not against teams who are quick and nimble, as Leicester can be. A flukey draw would absolutely do.

But we'd still need 6 more points somewhere.

Bournemouth will be mathematically safe with about 4 games to play, so we have to hope we have DCL, Onana, Doucouré ready and can get at them final game.

Forget Brighton and City, we will get battered by both.

Wolves will also be safe by the time we play them, if we battle and not get defeated by Leicester, it might take a similar effort to not be beaten by Wolves to take another point.

I honestly can see a maximum of 5 more points for us. We are absolutely crap, cannot defend, cannot score unless it's a fluke, penalty, set piece (rare occasion) or a moment where one of our players decides it's actually within the rules to shoot from range (McNeil). No six-yard tap-ins for Everton for the rest of the season, or through balls latched onto and put past the keeper.

Prediction: Everton to end on 32 points and finish 19th, behind Forest in 18th on 33 and Leicester also on 33 but with a superior GD.

16th: Leeds - 37
17th: Leicester - 33
- - - - -
18th Forest - 33
19th Everton - 32
20th Southampton - 25-30

Will return to this after the final game and hope I've been dreadfully wrong.

Last edited:

We need Leicester and Forest to lose five more games, and also hope that Leeds utterly collapse to join the fight they currently have a two point advantage on.

We have no goals in us and for some really, really strange reason our only possibly source of goals, despite having been in full training for weeks, isn't being included in the match day squads.

He was "touch and go" for the Liverpool game two months ago and I can't remember being told of any major setbacks in his recovery. Very peculiar from Dyche to be so cryptic as if people aren't aware DCL returning and instantly scoring goals is our only hope of survival.

All of Wolves, Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham for me are, sadly, easily safe now as there isn't a chance they'll not pick up a handful of points from here, which is literally all they'll need. So much for a bottom half dogfight. It's now two from four to join Southampton.

Leicester fixtures:
- New manager, didn't get thumped by City, and on paper the best squad amongst those fighting the drop. I've put three home victories, but hopefully they take no more than 5-7 points instead from those three, and perhaps a lucky draw against Fulham. Maximum 10 points, but hoping for Wolves to do us a favour, take a draw, and them to get 8 more only.

Leeds fixtures:
Liverpool h, Fulham a, Leicester h, Bournemouth a, Man City a, Newcastle h, West Ham a, Spurs h.
- Two games I can see them winning here, with the potential of digging out a win against one of Bournemouth/West Ham in there too, or 4 points from those two games. Absolute maximum return of 10 points for me, hopefully more like 7-8.

Forest fixtures:
United h, Liverpool a, Brighton h, Brentford a, Southampton h, Chelsea a, Arsenal h, Palace a.
- Going to say an absolute minimum of 3 points, possibly spawn another win and two unexpected draws if they really fight for it. No more than 7 more points as that run in is as tough as it gets.

--

Obviously all of the above is utter guesswork, but I don't feel it'll be too far off. Leeds will be safe with 2--3 games to go imo, and Forest will enter the final day needing a win, plus Leicester and Everton defeats to stay up.

Everton for me should target 34 points. A point a game is enough, but we're comfortably below that and no indication at all that our form or return will improve.

Three victories will do it, but when you've had six in 31 games, you can't go expecting three in seven games.

That Leicester game is absolutely huge now, but I just don't see it. We don't win away, simple as that, and especially not against teams who are quick and nimble, as Leicester can be. A flukey draw would absolutely do.

Bournemouth will be mathematically safe with about 4 games to play, so we have to hope we have DCL, Onana, Doucouré ready and can get at them final game.

Wolves will also be safe by the time we play them, if we battle and not get defeated by Leicester, it might take a similar effort to not be beaten by Wolves to take another point.

I honestly can see a maximum of 5 more points for us. We are absolutely crap, cannot defend, cannot score unless it's a fluke, penalty, set piece (rare occasion) or a moment where one of our players decides it's actually within the rules to shoot from range (McNeil). No six-yard tap-ins for Everton for the rest of the season, or through balls latched onto and put past the keeper.

Prediction: Everton to end on 32 points and finish 19th, behind Forest in 18th on 33 and Leicester also on 33 but with a superior GD.

- - - - -
18th Forest - 33
19th Everton - 32
20th Southampton - 25-30

Before yesterday yesterday was a must win game.

every time we play a so called weaker team it’s a must win game and we lose it.

the problem with this bunch is they are heartless.

every result each week is going against us and when you watched them games you can see why, they have heart, they have passion, they want premiership football.

we sign Tarkowski who is like a snail and hire a manager who got relegated who instantly recalls Keane who is slower than Tarkowski and every premiership club has pace up front!

the board sell Gordon and don’t replace ( not that I rated him anyway) knowing we have no forward.

the. Amazing of the DCL situation is so embarrassing. Is he fit, he has a niggle every week and we will be repaid by him by him leaving on a free in a years time.

I sensed some resignation yesterday too. Years of disillusionment and plain fatigue can eventually create apathy. None of which has been helped by the failing hierarchy and the growing financial mess coming to a head. A fanbase can roar itself hoarse every week, but if the club lacks good leadership and that quality just isn't on the pitch, the effect will only be minimal.
In the past the fans have always risen to the occasion when it mattered, I hope they can do it again over the next few weeks...... that minimal effect might be all we've got.
Sadly Tom, there was no some about it - it was rife yesterday or at least where I sit. Usually, it's buoyant and raucous, but now people are emotionally drained.

I'm far from a boo boy, yet even at the end that was somewhat half-hearted because a) so many had left, and b) the attitude was mainly one of resignation.

We stood, we talked and there was no anger; in fact, some were even making jokes. The common thread is that there is a malaise within the fan base.

Will we push the club over the line like last year? God, I hope so, but I won't be betting on it as there doesn't appear to be the appetite for it.

Just watching the highlights of the Leicester game and after being 3-0 down, they could have very easily snatched a draw in the end. A good fightback in the second half, more than they have shown recently.

Leicester do have better players though. Basically Rogers ego have put them in a position they shouldn't be in and haven't fixed it.

Still think they'll get out at our expense. Especially when we give them 3 points in a few weeks

Leicester fixtures:

Leeds fixtures:

Forest fixtures:

--

- - - - -
18th Forest - 33
19th Everton - 32
20th Southampton - 25-30

100% agree with all this

Status
Not open for further replies.