Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton's been a big part of my life, being born within earshot of the ground and me and my Nan going mad in the back yard when we heard a goal go in lol

My first match my dad took me to is still with me as though it was yesterday, and my first season ticket was the best pressie I've ever had, I used it every week too, even though I hated the enclosure for the reserve gameslol

Never has the whole club stunk as much as this, it's not Everton any more for me. We're a shadow of the club we were even in the darkest days of the past. The last 5 or 6 years have been sickening to see, epitomised by today, getting battered by Fulham and we turn to the likes of Davies, Simms and Patterson to steady the ship. Not their fault though, they shouldn't be here, as should neither of about 6 of today's starting 11.

I've been through the "cash strapped Everton days" but there was always hope, there's none here now because of how the club has been run over the last 6 years and how it seems it'll be continued it's run this way.
I'm glad in a way I feel like this now because it's not bad luck we're in the drop zone, it's because we're a joke of a club with an horrific premiership squad.
If we go down we go down and we'll have deserved it. I feel as though the weight has been lifted and really just want this season over with.

BMD is all well and good but I'd rather have Goodison and a proper Everton team and board any day of the week. I can't imagine the implications for us if we do drop, it'll be catastrophic. Glass half full up until now but boy it's grim, and I don't just mean because we're 17th.

Up until today i thought we had enough to be ok and we would be able to dig out enough points to stay up, today just crushed all that.
Now i can't see anything but relegation, not scoring many and conceding easily isn't a good combination
I was really confident we'd beat Fulham today. They're pretty safe & have very little to play for, whereas we're not safe & have everything to play for. Playing at home too made me even more confident. We need the 3 clubs below us to all drop more points than us over the remaining games, it's as simple as that.

I think we're going down. Had an expectation that we would be solid defensively, and would get the points we needed. However, we are leaking like titanic, and do not have the quality to convert our chances into goals. We don't have any players with an x factor, or any kind of charisma. We have become one of the PL's most boring teams, the fans are fed up, and it seems as if we are only moments away from exploding. I think there will be some tough years in the championship.

Let's hope Forest have a compete 'mare and lose every game. Leicester too.
This is the only way.

Shame because I like both of those clubs.

Yep that is the worry, but if we go into the last game needing to win we can still do it, especially if B'mouth are already safe.

Anyone who was at the Wimbledon game when we were 0-2 down at H/T and needing to win really knows what staring relegation in the face is all about.

As long as we go into the last game still alive and not depending on others losing that day there is still a reasonable chance.
I was in the main stand mate my mouth was dry and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes but we came through it and we can again

Our game against Leicester is huge. As is Leeds against them. Our goal difference doesn’t help now that Bournemouth are away from us
True. But don’t lose hope re Bournemouth completely. One slip by them that we profit from means we can save ourselves by beating them last game. Our goal difference is still okay in relation to theirs. But they did brilliantly today, can’t argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.