Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can stay up but we need rid of Lampard & a bunch of loan signings, none of this youth player rubbish like Elanga we need as many attackers on loan as possible
We can’t loan a bunch if players in, we only have 2 slots available, only way to free more up is signing Coady permanently for one extra domestic and ending Vinagre’s loan for a second foreign loan

I don't honestly see why everyone is so worried about relegation.

What's to worry about? That we aren't very good? We've been in the premier League and utter garbage for the last 5 years or so?

That there wouldnt be a derby?
I'd be overjoyed at no derby. I hate it.

Not watching elite footy?
We've not watched anything remotely elite since 1987.

The more I think of it the more I'd rather stick the worry and gut wrenching defeats of the premier league for some decent championship seasons.
Why are you still pretending to be an evertonian?

What's to worry about? That we aren't very good? We've been in the premier League and utter garbage for the last 5 years or so?

The more I think of it the more I'd rather stick the worry and gut wrenching defeats of the premier league for some decent championship seasons.

The French police were right.

I just can’t understand why we perform so poorly at home compared to when we’re playing away from home. It’s inexplicable. I haven’t been to Goodison for a while now due to health reasons, but you’d think with the fans behind the players and the manager that we’d perform better at Goodison.

Southampton v Forest, Leeds V West Ham.
Kind of think two draws is best, 4 teams all around us, someone will get points tonight, so a good chance we go bottom three
Good. Anything to highlight the disaster that's staring us in the face and keep the pressure on before it gets too late to even bother going through the motions of managerial musical chairs.

I’m beginning to think relegation will be a blessing. All this club brings is heartache and misery. Relegation will either kill Orr cure, and I don’t care which anymore.

I’m beginning to think relegation will be a blessing. All this club brings is heartache and misery. Relegation will either kill Orr cure, and I don’t care which anymore.
I think many experienced/more mature, oh forget it, older fans will share your sentiments. We've had our campaigns, our dogs of war sagas, our existential battles in the 1990s, let alone last season's sad echo of our youth. I don't think too many of us can muster the strength or even concern now as we have seen that nothing is ever learned by Charlatan Bill and co. To us, the relegation fight was a temporary crisis where we got all hands on deck to rescue a giant of English football fallen on fleeting hard times. Our fight would quickly help the stately ship to get back on an even keel and return us to our birthright status of serial winners.

To the younger fans, a relegation fight is really just about survival for survival's sake: a bit like Coventry City's supporters felt in the late 1990s, where staying up was all there really was.

We'll probably go the same way as Coventry now, too. That's what Charlatan for Life, Bill Kenwright, has achieved in his 25 years at the helm: he has turned us into Coventry City.

I think many experienced/more mature, oh forget it, older fans will share your sentiments. We've had our campaigns, our dogs of war sagas, our existential battles in the 1990s, let alone last season's sad echo of our youth. I don't think too many of us can muster the strength or even concern now as we have seen that nothing is ever learned by Charlatan Bill and co. To us, the relegation fight was a temporary crisis where we got all hands on deck to rescue a giant of English football fallen on fleeting hard times. Our fight would quickly help the stately ship to get back on an even keel and return us to our birthright status of serial winners.

To the younger fans, a relegation fight is really just about survival for survival's sake: a bit like Coventry City's supporters felt in the late 1990s, where staying up was all there really was.

We'll probably go the same way as Coventry now, too. That's what Charlatan for Life, Bill Kenwright, has achieved in his 25 years at the helm: he has turned us into Coventry City.
I saw the great team in the 80’s and remember what supporting us was like.

My sixteen year old son is not too bothered. There has never been any joy in it for him. I’ve taken him to games here and there, but we’ve probably lost as many as we’ve won.

He is in school in Liverpool and there are very few Evertonians in his class. The club will start to see a dwindling fanbase because of its continued failure. My daughter is not bothered here’d at all whatsoever.

If the club ceased to exist, I suspect a lot of us would shed a tear and move on quickly. It will liberate us from the curse of supporting Everton.,

There has been no real joy since Martinez first season and Moshiri’s tenure had been disastrous. As you point out, we could be headed into oblivion.

Under different circumstances if we were not building a stadium if relegation enabled us to ‘drain the swamp’ with a reset of ownership and management I might agree with you but throw in a stadium build and worst case scenario options are on the table see Derby county

Status
Not open for further replies.