Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a healthy goal scorer. If we dont sign anyone in January that will score crucial goals, not just consolation goals then we are in a bit of trouble. Weve scored 3 goals in our last 6 league matches, and one of those scorers is injured. I dont see Forest and Steve Cooper going down, they are a capable side. They just had an abrupt start to the season. I think this seasons relegation battle will be between Wolves, Southampton, leeds and us.

We have been papering over the cracks for 30 years
We have avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth and by good fortune
That runs out eventually
Other teams have got better. We haven't.
Players generally have become more athletic. Ours are not
Tactics have changed with new managers. Ours haven't
We are dinosaurs in this league
Unfortunately, I agree with every word you say. We won't be missed if/when we disappear.

Whatever happens I can’t see a way out of this. We are concealing too many goals again and can’t create let alone score any goals.
Change of manger will not make a difference.
Should never have had a DOF. It’s been a disaster ever since one was brought in.
Manager should manage the team. End of
Having a DOF is not the problem. It's a key role at successful clubs. Our problem has been hiring a good one.

Got away with it last year due to there being two awful teams in the league. Norwich and Watford. Then it was a three way shoot out between us, Burnley and Leeds. Burnley had been weakened due to Newcastle taking their striker in January.

This season we are imo the weakest team. Everyone else may concede but they can also score. Leeds scores 3 at Spurs. We did nothing when we went there. Wolves will come good when then forwards get back from injury. At this point I’d say us and Southampton are certs to go down.

We have been papering over the cracks for 30 years
We have avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth and by good fortune
That runs out eventually
Other teams have got better. We haven't.
Players generally have become more athletic. Ours are not
Tactics have changed with new managers. Ours haven't
We are dinosaurs in this league
Spot on this, we've been a poorly run club for decades. Success starts from the top down, without ambition at the highest level, the endeavours of any manager will fall apart eventually. We need a board for this century, not the last one, it's that simple. Koff Kenwright and the rest of you.

Relegation fodder. Cant score. Nobody assists. Two lads at the back who can only keep the wolf from the door so much on their own.
To many players who love all the trappings and money being at an established premier league club and talk a good game but cant back it up on the pitch.
I cant even put up an argument if we get relegated. Will be justified.
I thought there was something about them early on this season. But to many have switched off again.

The clubs rotten at the top, has been for some time. I fear this season it may finally catch up with us. I thought the summers transfer business was good for the defence/midfield but poor for the attack. The next transfer window is massive. If it's not a successful one I think we are gone.

He wouldn’t, because he’d still have wide players who don’t create chances, and midfielders who can’t pass. Honestly the idea that we’re just lacking a goalscorer is missing the mark by so far it makes me wonder whether people have actually seen us play. Brighton of the last couple of years we most certainly are not. For finishers to make an impact you have to give them something to finish.
Agreed, we look utterly clueless. And I’ve read so many posts on here saying ‘don’t panic, we‘re gonna sign a striker or two in January‘ or words to that effect, but when I ask who these top goalscorers might be, tumbleweeds appear.

Agreed, we look utterly clueless. And I’ve read so many posts on here saying ‘don’t panic, we‘re gonna sign a striker or two in January‘ or words to that effect, but when I ask who these top goalscorers might be, tumbleweeds appear.

Yeah we do have to sign a forward and Is a gamble but if we don't sign one, we are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.