Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens I can’t see a way out of this. We are concealing too many goals again and can’t create let alone score any goals.
Change of manger will not make a difference.
Should never have had a DOF. It’s been a disaster ever since one was brought in.
Manager should manage the team. End of

A few weeks back I thought we’d be ok as our defence seemed solid. However they have now buckled as they are pit under constant pressure every match. Just look at the amount of shots against us per game.

I feel our only hope is to ensure we are not cut adrift by the end of the January window. As we will have the usual deadline day panic buying. Hopefully it’s not too late by then.

Gee i cant wait for another episode of who's the best dressed or who's the biggest eater at the club. And im foaming at the mouth for our best corner from all angles.

Deserve to be relegated.
All they have to do is ask Gordon, everything is "me, me, me" with him anyway so should be fairly easy for them to knock out in a few minutes.

If we dont get 2 goalscorers then stick a fork in us
Goal scorers will do nothing in this set up unless they’re genuinely top class and can score out of nothing. We don’t put teams under pressure or create chances, if you put someone like yakubu in this team we’d be no better off than we are because he’d never get opportunities to score. What we need more than anything is creativity, if we create more chances there are people who’ll score enough of them to keep us ticking over.

Goal scorers will do nothing in this set up unless they’re genuinely top class and can score out of nothing. We don’t put teams under pressure or create chances, if you put someone like yakubu in this team we’d be no better off than we are because he’d never get opportunities to score. What we need more than anything is creativity, if we create more chances there are people who’ll score enough of them to keep us ticking over.
Yakubu would transform this side. Fantastic player

Yakubu would transform this side. Fantastic player
He wouldn’t, because he’d still have wide players who don’t create chances, and midfielders who can’t pass. Honestly the idea that we’re just lacking a goalscorer is missing the mark by so far it makes me wonder whether people have actually seen us play. Brighton of the last couple of years we most certainly are not. For finishers to make an impact you have to give them something to finish.

He wouldn’t, because he’d still have wide players who don’t create chances, and midfielders who can’t pass. Honestly the idea that we’re just lacking a goalscorer is missing the mark by so far it makes me wonder whether people have actually seen us play. Brighton of the last couple of years we most certainly are not, for finishers to make an impact you have to give them something to finish.
The pre injury Yakubu would absolutely transform this Everton side. I have no doubt about it

Goalscorers create chances for themselves and hold the ball which is key. They get the whole team up the field and allow you to sustain attacks.

I'm not talking about poachers in the 6 yard box or big target man no. 9s. I'm talking about modern forwards who can play across the front line. Every other team in the league uses them but we still have a fixation with the traditional Everton no.9

We need pacey forwards who can take players on and score goals and play across the line.

We are premier league dinosaurs stuck in the past

He wouldn’t, because he’d still have wide players who don’t create chances, and midfielders who can’t pass. Honestly the idea that we’re just lacking a goalscorer is missing the mark by so far it makes me wonder whether people have actually seen us play. Brighton of the last couple of years we most certainly are not. For finishers to make an impact you have to give them something to finish.
Whilst another couple of goalscorers wouldn't hurt, you're totally right in that we don't create anything for them to feed off.

Resolving that must be the priority in the next window

Goalscorers create chances for themselves and hold the ball which is key. They get the whole team up the field and allow you to sustain attacks.

I'm not talking about poachers in the 6 yard box or big target man no. 9s. I'm talking about modern forwards who can play across the front line. Every other team in the league uses them but we still have a fixation with the traditional Everton no.9

We need pacey forwards who can take players on and score goals and play across the line.
So nothing like yakubu then. Glad we’re on the same page.

So nothing like yakubu then. Glad we’re on the same page.
He wasnt a 6 yard poacher. He created lots of chances for himself. His hold up was exceptional on his day.

Basically we need a Yakubu and a Mirallas. But the chances of the club finding players of that calibre is virtually nil. I expect instead more panic signings like Alli and El Ghazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.