Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0D836681-85BC-4158-BF2A-C40773893CF6.jpeg

Found this on twitter

Agree. Tell you what though, if they don't pick up a good number of points in their next 4 games they may be doomed: Brentford and Palace both away, then Villa and Bournemouth at home. If you're a Leicester fan you've got to be looking at 6+ points there thinking if you don't get that you're in trouble.

Big problem if Leicester continue to fall is they'll be giving three points to likes of Bournemouth and Leeds in run in (just like they did with Southampton last week). It's like last season when everyone was assuming Watford-Burnley would be a draw as that's what always happens in relegation six pointers and then Burnley won late and this place went into complete meltdown. Luckily the team responded to that as it really was last chance saloon.

Looks like it will be same as last season and Leicester away will be best chance of away win in run in so interested what state Leicester will be in when we get to that period. I think they will win 2-3 games before that.

The last 8 are fixtures we can pile up minimum 12 / maximum 15 points.

Just on those we reach 37-40 points.

If we get 3 or 4 points in the next 3 games, therefore, I'd put our chances of survival at about 70%-80%.

If Palaces form does not pick up they are going because every one of their relegation rivals could make ground on them
Looking at those fixtures, this is why our next 3 games aren't as bad as we think. Even if we were to pick up 0 points from those games with so many of our rivals playing each other over that same period it would be unlikely that many teams would have a cushion over us

There are 9 clubs who are still in trouble
Yes, there are. And we are a long way from being safe. But after our next 3 are out the way we have a great opportunity to amass points. If we can get 3 or 4 points before those last 8 we are in business in a big way.

The clubs in big trouble on current form and with their remaining fixtures are:

Forest
Leicester
Leeds
S'ton
Agreed but as @ToffeeTim says there are 9 teams in trouble here. I've been saying for weeks that Crystal Palace are the team that thought they were safe mid table but have been dragged into the relegation scrap. Generally the team that happens too don't have the the time to react and therefore drop like a stone. Look at Leeds last year, thats what happened to them.

The most promising thing for us is that without our main striker, we still have competed and been unlucky v Villa and Forest.

I think had we had DCL in we would have picked up more points but we moving in the right direction.

I am not concerned about other clubs just focusing on ours. I think 4 more wins would make us safe so here's hoping we start to get those results this Saturday against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.