Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season other teams results will be meaningless. It's still all in our hands and we've managed to beat the best team in the league. It wasn't like the city smash and grab, we genuinely found a way to be effective against them.

This is the Evertonian in me. The Arsenal game yesterday was like a free hit. There was little expectation on Everton and that is often when we dig out a result. Its when the shoe is on the other foot we tend to not turn up.
Hey i'll take it though. This time last week we were gone. The club was on its knees in every aspect.
Going with the most boring cliche in football now but just every game one at a time now. I think the relegation scrap this year is going to the wire. The Everton who turned up yesterday might not turn up for another 4 weeks. We've done that so many times in the past.

If we are in it at the end could be good for us for Wolves to be safe and Bournemouth already down by the time we play them both in the final 2 games

Agree mate.

What I'd say though, if Wolves are not safe by then, they are in big trouble, with away games to United and Arsenal in their final 3. That's 2 defeats.

My only thoughts now are the Derby…I know I’m being greedy but if we can manage a win there (and they’re not in great form) then having got six points against the Arse and R/S under a new Dyche regime - would do absolute wonders for the confidence of the players and would be a psychological blow to the other potential relegation candidates - not to mention lifting the spirits of the fan base in footballing terms.

This is the Evertonian in me. The Arsenal game yesterday was like a free hit. There was little expectation on Everton and that is often when we dig out a result. Its when the shoe is on the other foot we tend to not turn up.
Hey i'll take it though. This time last week we were gone. The club was on its knees in every aspect.
Going with the most boring cliche in football now but just every game one at a time now. I think the relegation scrap this year is going to the wire. The Everton who turned up yesterday might not turn up for another 4 weeks. We've done that so many times in the past.

Yeah I understand that sentiment. We'll see. I can't help but feel that felt different to other victories against the big sides. It wasn't a demarai gray wonder goal. It was a calculated plan to go out there and get a result and it was against a team that for the most part has dominated everyone. I hope the players come out of that game with confidence rather than the complacency that seemed to follow the palace win.

Status
Not open for further replies.